Script Generator

ekempter

ekempter

Administrator
The scripting tool is an Excel file that will generate a macro script that can then be run by IBM Client Access. You can create scripts to automate manual tasks for testing or for data entry. For example, if you have a software modification you want to test you can create scripts to be run by a number of computers at the same time to stress test the modification. Or if you have data you want to go into JDE but don't want to upload because you want the system to automatically edit the data as it's going in you can create a script to enter all the data.

Contributed by Tim Miller

Place your system configuration information in your signature!

Attachments

• 14-29391-ScriptGenerator.zip
    41.5 KB · Views: 404
Hi,
I am looking for a script through which i can have all the installation process done.....
can this be done ...
plz reply..
thanks

Thanks for the reply and suggestion

Now talking about wht i want to do.....Well we already have got server setup for us...at present wht we do over here is whenever we want to install 8.11 on any client we go to his terminal ...then on our central server there are dumps we map the drive and install the client on his machine..now i was interested in that if the same thing could be done sitting at one place only using scripts....
That means the guy ho is installing does not need to go the place where installation needs to be done..instead he just runs the script and the installation starts...

I hope this description would be clear....let me know if u would like to know anything else...
Thanks and Regards,

Back