Nosource.txt during the package Build

vivek_kaushal

Well Known Member
Today I build a full package. The package was build successfully with all the logs files looks perfectly fine. However I found that there are a lots of table header files in the nosource.txt file. According to RL, I should not worry about nosource.txt. However after I deployed the package to my pc. I could not find any of the table header files listed in the nosource.txt in the Env\source directory on my pc. Everything runs smoothly on my pc. I know that these table header files contain the column information, index information for the tables. But wondering how/when these header files are used in JDEdwards?? Any guidance will be appreciated.

Thanks
Vivek Mohan
XE Update 3, SP 15.1, Oracle 8.1.6.3.0
Windows NT

Vivek,

Do not dispair! This is truly the way oneworld works.

First, the notxt information in the package build...The table headers (.h, .hxx), table source (.c) and NER business function headers (.h) and source (.c) files are generated from central object specifications during the build process. Strangely enough, the busbuild process runs a check on the source prior to these getting created and writes to the no source log. So you do get these errors during the build. As RL said, this is not an error.

As for how these files are used by oneworld...They are, along with the C business function source, the c components of oneworld applications. Therefore, they are used during the compilation process (business function build) during the package build when the .DLL executables are created.

You will only see the .h and .c files on a workstation if you check for development objects to be loaded during the client installation process. Typically, you will load production objects only on most workstations, and therefore not see these objects...The workstation only needs to execute the files in the pathcode/bin32 directory for c components.

Hope this clears things up for you...

owguru (at least I'm trying :)
>all versions
>all platforms

Hi owguru,
I installed development package on my pc and still table header files are missing from the source directory on my pc and only those table header files are missing which are shown in the nosource.txt and I am not able to figure out the significance of the table header files.

Thanks
Vivek Mohan
XE Update 3, Sp15.1, Oracle 8.1.6.3.0

Vivek,

Try checking out one of the erorr tables using omw. I think there may be a
generate header file option in the design features. See if this works and
creates the .h file. If so, check the table in.

To then test in a package build, create an update package to include this
table. Build the package. Do you still get this error?

If this does not work, you can send me the nosource.txt file. I'll take a
look and try to give you more ideas.

>all versions
>all platforms

Vivek,

Try checking out one of the erorr tables using omw. I think there may be a
generate header file option in the design features. See if this works and
creates the .h file. If so, check the table in.

To then test in a package build, create an update package to include this
table. Build the package. Do you still get this error?

If this does not work, you can send me the nosource.txt file. I'll take a
look and try to give you more ideas.

>all versions
>all platforms

Back