Depreciation Start Dates

m_powell

Using RDA, we have written a Fixed Asset report which has, among other things, a column for the Depreciation Start date - field DSD from the F1202. The problem is that on some assets we are getting a start date and on others, it is reporting blank.

I have checked both an asset that is showing the date and one that isn't. The cost accounts are showing a date in the F1202 however the accumulated depreciation account does not have a value on the asset that is reporting incorrectly.

If I change the date to the next date in the 'Depreciation Information' screen, the asset start will correctly show on the report and in the accumulated depreciation account in the F1202.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Many Thanks

Malcolm

B7333 SP16.1_019

Your information is a little vague. What kind of report are you working with? (columnar, tabular, etc?) Are you modifying an existing JDE report or creating from scratch? Are you using any logic in your ER's? Are you using smart fields? Are you only using one table (F1202) or are others joined in?

I have written a few F/A reports and not had any problems pulling in dates. Would like to help, but need a little more to go on.

Ken

XE SP 16
Win2000/Oracle 8.1.6.

Ken

To answer you questions:

The type of report is being created from scratch using the Fixed Asset Report Writer template.

The only event rule being used is a calculation adding the Accumulated Depreciation amount to the Asset Cost amount to get the Net Book Value.

Smart fields are only being used on the Account Balance columns.

The Business View I am using is the V1201H - F1201/F1202 Joined with all fields.

It appears that the Start Date isn't showing on the Accumulated Depreciation Account in the F1202 until a subtle change is made to the asset on the Tax Information screen.

Thanks

Malcolm

Back