How do you know what table holds what info?

acctg

Hello,

Is there a web-site that summarizes what is in each data table for OneWorld release B32, Version SP12.2? What I need to know, for example, is if I am looking for Account Receivable entries, I would look in table F0902.

Is there any JDE documentation that will tell me this?
Thanks in advance.

I don't know about a web site, but there is a cross reference facility within JD Edwards. This provides a variety of cross reference applications. For example, you can view the tables used by an interactive application. So, if you are looking at info in JD Edwards, click about and that will give you the application name, then go to the cross reference facility and you should be able to locate the tables being used. The cross reference facility requires some set-up before it will work. I believe there is a "Build Relationships" program that must be run first. Here is the Cross Reference application name: P980011 located on GH902.

Also, you could use form design aid and find out what business view an application is using and then figure out the tables the business view is pulling from.

Ken

XE SP 16
Win2000/Oracle 8.1.6.

Sorry. I am not sure if the cross reference facility is in Version B732. But the Business View method should work.

Ken

XE SP 16
Win2000/Oracle 8.1.6.

You can always turn on JDEDEBUG logging in a fat client JDE.INI (Output=file), use some JDE applications, and then review jdedebug.log on the workstation to see what tables have been hit. I usually start at the end of the file in Notepad, and search 'Up' for the SQL 'SELECT' statement.

Scott MacIntosh
Xe SP 16.1 / Upd 2
JDE CNC (Unix / Oracle / Win2k / SQL Svr)
Interop (COM / Java)

The JDE documentation, normally supplied on CD, for a particular module (AR, AP etc) will give a list of all the tables used by that particular module.

Additionally in the b7/system/models directory there are data models for most of the modules.

When in an application by clicking on about you can find the application name e.g. when looking at a transaction in Standard invoice entry the application is P03B11. The P at the front stands for program, the file the application is based upon can normally be found by replacing the P with an F, so in this case we get the F03B11 (customer ledger). This isn't always true but is often helpful.

If your after a very short description then use the object librarian and filter an 'TBLE'.

Regards

Neil.

OW B733.3 (XE), SP 16
AS/400, OS V5.1

Back