Flat File (EDI)

rival

Hello Colleagues,

I have a question about the flat file extraction out of JDE.
We want to establish an invoice edi connection. The flat file which Edwards generates consists of all fields out of the table. about 200.
we only want to use maybe 15 of them. Is it possible to generate only a flat file of the fields we need. Can you modify the batch or something.
Please advice,
Thanx in advance.

Regards,
Ronald

Thanx for your answer, can you tell me which batch in JDE will create the flat file, and is it possible to modify that so I can select the fields I need, Off course after I made a R55 object

Regards,

Ronald

I think a far better and flexible way is to make your own UBE which selects the correct records and write them to a flat file. Get the name of the flat file from the processing options. Use the standard business functions "Open Flat File", "Write One Line To Flat File" and "Close Flat File". It is very easy.

Greetings,
Walter.

B7332 / XE / NT4 / SQL 7 / VisualStudio 6 SP5

Ronald,
The Invoice Flat File extraction UBE is R47042C. It's a very simple UBE just "Database Ouputs"
the data from the 7 EDI Invoice tables. You will see the individual section for all the 7
tables in the UBE. Just select whatever fields you need in the database output map.
This modification will be far more simpler then coding a new UBE.

jdeman

OW-XE(SP-16.1) WINNT
Co-exist AS/400

Back