Double Open Quantity and amount

lyqueen

hello everyone,

wondering if anyone has experienced a doubled open quantity and amount under F43121 and program open receipt by supplier before?

this apparently, as observed by my users to be frequently occurring subsequent to implementation of the system. it seemed that they have also noticed that during vouchering, say in month 1, the record could not be found. but then, during vouchering on the month 2, the record appeared but with doubled quantity and amount to be matched.

appreciate any response.

regards,
lyqueen

lyqueen
Malaysia
One World XE B7333, SP 13
Intel NT4-service pack 6A
SQL 7
Service Pack 2

Hi "Lyqueen"

From your promblem description it sounds like you need the latest ESU's installed. Have you done a SAR Search yet? I do recall a problem with the F43121 file about a year ago where amounts and quantities were copied to all receipt records for the same purchase orders. Don't know if the two are related, but I think an ESU (or Update) is your best bet.

Rgds,

Sef van den Nieuwelaar
Australia
B732 on NT, XE on NT, B732/A73 on AS400, B733 on NT

* Coming to a European City near you soon *

hello sef,
thanks for the response again. i've done many searches over the kg but to no avail. perhaps my search method was wrong.

appreciate if you could recall the case which you have mentioned earlier. any further info would be great!
i need to resolve this asap as currently patching was the only remedy, in which i dread would still continue.

pls help!

p/s: i also experienced getting P4314 with match type 1 under F43121. anyone experiencing this before?

lyqueen
Intel NT4,SP 6A
SQL 7, SP 2
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by lyqueen on 2/17/02 09:45 PM.</FONT></P>

Hi Liqueen

I can't recall the exact circumstances, but do know that this issue was pretty big at the time and lots of XE users needed to apply the esu (which was later incorporated into update 2 and/or one of the pre-requisite Sars). Maybe some other users can recall the exact scenario.

I had a very quick look at the KG and the only SAR I saw that comes close to your issue description is 5202074. Do you know under which circumstances the issues occurs? eg at reversing, voiding, LC application, receipt routing, foreign currency transactions, out of tolerances, logged vouchers etc. And can you duplicate the issue? It is a little hard to do a good search when you don't know when the problems occurs.
Did RL come up with an answer?

Your other question (my apologies for replying through this mail) was if modifications are overwritten by esu's. The short answer is YES to existing objects and NO to new/customised and RENAMED objects. In other words if you create a new inquiry application eg P5541202, you will be save from esu's.

Rgds,

Sef van den Nieuwelaar
Australia

hi sef,

the issue, i suspect occurs at the level of receipt. some involved partial receipts, others were full. yes, these orders have receipt routing. surprisingly, quantity to stock was accurate but doubled for PRUOPN(open quantity) under F43121. some do involve foreign currencies as well, which made the matter worse. however, i'm unable to duplicate the issue under test mode. this is weird!

no logged vouchers because those affected data have been patched in the past. new ones still occurring.

i've asked rl but the response was not satisfying. don't know where/how else to look.

pls help!

lyqueen
Intel NT4,SP 6A
SQL 7, SP 2

Hi Liqueen

I am running out of ideas here. Is it possible that receipt routing causes doubling of transactions eg:
* Landed costs are received (blind) at receipt and movement (in this case call a different P4312 version from P43250)?
* A line is disposed and moved at the same time (shouldn't happen)
* There are two payment eligibility flags within one route? (routing definition should validate this)

All I can suggest is to keep a close tab on the events. Only when you can duplicate the issue, a more direct search or investigation can be conducted.

I hope you can resolve the issue. If you do, could you please let me know what caused the issue.

Rgds,

Sef van den Nieuwelaar
Australia

dear sef,

thanks for the info. you have been of great help. i'll see what i can follow
up from here.

fyi, there have been cases where during routing 2 users updating the same
order and quantity even at the gap of a few seconds/minutes , jde system
would tag both and double up the quantity and amount stocked. this according
to jde and rl, nothing can be done other than limiting the no. of machines
doing routing. this is surely possible if location of divisions is within
proximity, which is not the case here.

i think there's a sar on the issue mentioned which might fit my case. it's a
system bug/limitation. i'll try out and hopefully it works.

thanks again, sef.

lyqueen

lyqueen
Intel NT4,SP 6A
SQL 7, SP 2

Back