Cache Errors

RandyArney

Situation is AS/400 enterprise server working with 1 866 Compaq ML370 server with 2 gig of memory in a server farm. The ML370 has Citrix loaded with approx. 25 users working in the purchasing and/or accounting modules of JDE communicating via ODBC to the AS/400. The users receive two to three cache errors a week. The users PC's are roughly PII machines with 128 memory. Trying to help the situation - we doubled the memory on the ML370 server from 2 gig to 4 gig and there was no change. Does anyone have any experiences with this same situation and if so did you correct it and if so how? Thank you in advance for your time to respond back.

CO: AS/400
Deploy: NT
TS: Citrix

We are having the same issue.

SAR 5724999 of JD13962 seems address one of our cache errors. We are also looking at upgrading service pack.

I would be interested to see if others may have the same issues.

MG
Win 2000/SQL 2000, SP 13.3, B7332

G
[email protected]

Randy and MG,

We also used to receive cache errors quite frequently. Our configuration is much like Randy's (see configuration below). Unfortunately, upgrading hardware on your server may not have the effect you are looking for. Most of our cache errors disappeared with SP15.1, and have gone completely away (to the best of my knowledge) with our current service pack, SP17.1_C1.

Good Luck.

Ryan Hunt
OneWorld XE; Update2; SP17.1_B1
AS400; V4R5
DS: Win2k SP2, SQL 7.0 SP3
TSE's: Win2k(SP2) & NT4.0(SP6a) with Metaframe 1.8

Hello,

We were in the same boat as you a few months back and here's what we did:

We loaded SP16.1 and then we loaded Update 3.
Also, if you are running Oracle, there is an added setting that needs to be put in your JDE.INI for both the server and clients. Which can be found in doc id ODS-01-0069 and is listed below.

[DB SYSTEM SETTINGS]
OracleServerHandleReuse=0 <--- Add this line

Both of these fixed about 95% of our cache errors. Although now that JDE is up to SP18.1 (SP19 is right on its heels) and Update 4, loading SP16.1 and Update 3 isn't much of an option.

We recently loaded SP18 (2 weekends ago) and are currently looking at installing Update 4 before the end of this month.

I hope this helps!

Dan Richards
Plexus Corp.
Xe, SP16.1, XU3, RS6000, Oracle 8.1.7, Metaframe XPe

Back