Error: Version not installed on your client

vivek_kaushal

Well Known Member
Hi All
I am getting the error "Version is not installed on your client". We had a custom version in the Production environment, not available in the Dev environment. So I copied the table F983051 from prod database to Dev database and updated the Envionment and Deployment field with the right values in the dev database. Now I am trying to access the version through OMW and getting the error. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Vivek Mohan
XE Update 3 Sp15.1 Windows NT
Oracle 8.1.6.3.0

The F983051 is just the header record for your versions. The specs need to be brought over to the DEV environment in order for it to work.

DeRay Scholz
The Upper Deck Company
XE U3 SP15, WIN2000, SQL2000

Vivek,

You will need to run an SQL statment to update the VRENHV from PD7333 to
DV7333. Also, You sould copy the Central Objects from PD to DV.

You may want to set up OMW transfer rules that allow transfers from PD to PY
or DV incase this happens again.

Good luck,

Andy

Thanks DevRay for your quick reply. What addition tables I need to copy?

Thanks
Vivek Mohan
XE, SP15.1,

Hi Vivek,

You need to include all the spec files F987* from central objects.

Adrian Valentim
Valmatrix Consulting Inc.

Is this an interactive or batch version?
Batch versions should already exist in the DV environment since when checked in they get checked into the env you are logged into and the Dev pathcode. Caveat to this is that the UBE must exist in the pathcode. e.g. if you have a version of a custom UBE, make sure that the UBE exists before you try to check the version into the pathcode.

OneWorld Xe Sp16_018, W2k, W2K TSE, SQL 2K on Compaq Proliant.

You want to be very careful when you copy over your central objects, before we went live we had a consultant do that and it caused all sorts of issues. If you do that make sure that you at least keep one Fat Client with the old DEV path code because you can loose objects that are in Development that have not made it to productions as yet.

I would use antipodes1 approach...you can also save the object to the save env. and then do a get, and restore it from the save location. As he said if it's a custom UBE make sure you have the Template and the versions in the same path code and you should not allow your users to created UBE's in PROD. (my pet peev..All development should always take place in DEV and be migrated up no matter what)

Cleola Isaacs
CNC Administrator/Network Analyst
Xe Update 2 SP 16
Enterprise AS/400
WTS NT 4.0

We Just upgrade from B7332 to XE. In B7332, there were some custom version created in the CRP environment and promoted to PRod environment. Now I am setting up OWM with Rules like whenever the Developer checks out in stage 21, he should check out from Production and when he checks in he should check in development environment. But there are 1 batch version that is missing from Dev environment. So I copied the F983051 table from Prod database to Dev database and updated the VRENHV field to DV7333. Now the Batch version is availble in the dev environment. But in the design tool whenever we try to access this version then we get this error.
So should I copy the Central objects and build the package or I can follow the JDEdwards document "Create the mirror image of environment or creating the custom environment" which will take much more time.
Please suggest what follow I should follow.

Thanks
Vivek Mohan
XE, SP15.1, Windows NT
Oracle 8.1.6.3.0, Fat and Thin clients.

For Batch Versions, OMW already comes with rules which state that if you check out a version in PROD, upon checkin it will be checked back into PROD and DEV. Why are you needing to recreate these rules? If the developer is in PROD and checks out an object it will be added to his/her default project. When checking out a Batch Version the environment you are logged into in OneWorld supercedes the activity rules specified in Object Management Configuration. you should not need to copy Central Obj if there is only one or two objects involved.

If the UBE exists in both DEV and PROD then when you check the BATCH VERSION into PROD it will also check into DEV. If the UBE does not exist in DEV, but does exist in PROD, then when you check in the BV it will not check into DEV. I can't remember if you get an error on checkin.

The safest way of fixing your problem is not to copy the SQL tables, but to use the OMW process.
Option 1. If the UBE already exists in DV and only the version is missing from DV. Check the BV out in Prod and then Check it back in and 'voila' it will also appear in DV. Just had to do this myself and so I know it works.

Option 2. If UBE and BV only exist in PD you will need to copy your UBE backwards through the pathcodes using OMW functionality. You will need to create a custom rule with custom status codes which copies UBE from PD to DV or from PY(CRP) to DV. You will also need to set up transfer activity rules for these statuses. Look at the OMW section on KG, there are several docs there which explain how to do it. Once the UBE is in the DV pathcode, check the BV out in any pathcode where it exists and check it back in. This will check the BV into DV and as well as the pathcode you are logged into. NOTE: you will have to coy the UBE separately from the Version as you cannot check a version into a pathcode where the UBE doesnt exist. If you try to promote UBE and BV in same project you will encounter errors if the UBE does not already exist in the target pathcode.

I had a lot of trouble with OMW early on because the way it works is so different to OL. There are some really fundemental differences between the two (even tho you can revert to OL if you like, but we won't go there!).

HTH

OneWorld Xe Sp16_018, W2k, W2K TSE, SQL 2K on Compaq Proliant.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by antipodes1 on 2/15/02 07:27 AM.</FONT></P>

Here is the simple fix to your problem, assuming the base UBE for this version already exists in the DV7333 pathcode...

Since you have already copied the F983051 record for this version...

1 - Signed on to the DV7333 environment, add the version to a status 21 (development)project.
2 - Check out the version.
3 - Highlight the version under the project name, and press ROW|ADVANCED GET. This will take you to a screen where you can choose to get the specs from your PD7333 pathcode.
4 - Once you have the prod specs, you can enter into the design tool and verify that your version is intact.
5 - Check in the version (this will check into DV7333 pathcode) and promote through OMW as you would any other development project.

owguru (at least I'm trying :)
>all versions
>all platforms

I think that the best you can do, is to check in the version through the omw or the object librarian to the desired environment...

add the following in the jde.ini

[OMW]
P9860_OBJECT_LIBRARIAN=E
R9830512_UBE_VERSION_COPY=W

Back