Auto-Replies and Mailer-Daemons

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
Hi Eric, Support, Administrators, Moderators and JDEList

I really-really hate Auto-Reply and Mailer-Daemon posts, receiving always after I create a new post/reply on the JDEList Forums.

What about to create a new JDEList e-mail address where we can forward this type of posts, making possible for our great Administrators and Moderators to check them regulary and to notify politely the auto-repliers, further to de-activate or to remove already non-living e-mail addresses on/from the JDEList?

What is your opinion?

Regards,

Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Zoltan,

If MAILER-DAEMON messages are coming to you directly, it is because the recipients host has not configured their mail server correctly. Bounces should come directly to JDEList. JDEList receives literally thousands of these per month (from hosts that configure their mail hosts correctly) and we weed out those users who have chronically full mailboxes or are DOA. If you are receiving Out of Office messages, I suggest that you send a message to the sender.

Place your system configuration information in your signature!

Hi Forum,

Do you like Out-Of-Office Auto Replies?

Eric had suggested me:
======================
If you are receiving Out of Office messages, I suggest that you send a message to the sender.
======================

Today I recently sent 5th message back to the senders of Auto-Reply.

If you agree with me then I would like to ask all of you, please, you also reply these messages back to the sender, forcing a bit the appropriate Out-of-Office assistant settings.

Do you agree?
Will you reply too?
(... or do you like Auto-Replies? /w3timages/icons/dragon.gif)

Regards,

Zoltán

Zoltan,

You will save yourself a lot of time and frustration by setting up a rule that forwards Out of Office messages to your trashcan.

Place your system configuration information in your signature!

Eric,

I can not do that. I have to see these Auto-Replies from my official contacts and unfortunately I can not distinguish these messages from the others, comming from JDEList listers.

Regards,

Zoltán
P.S.: ... and many of these messages are written in different language than English.

Zoltan,

I have also received three or four out of office replies today (and could do without them). I usually receive them directly after I post. I receive a daily archive from [email protected] every morning. Obviously, the people that are sending auto-replies are receiving an immediate notification... I haven't seen posts in that format. Does the email come from the provided email address in our profiles? Is there something consistent that appears in the title? What rule do you suggest?

Let us know. I'd be glad to set one up. Maybe others will follow. It should only take a few moments to save some frustration./w3timages/icons/wink.gif

Regards.

Ryan Hunt
OneWorld XE; Update2; SP17.1_C1
AS400; V4R5
DS: Win2k SP2, SQL 7.0 SP3
TSE's: Win2k(SP2) & NT4.0(SP6a) with Metaframe 1.8

Hi All,

I am joining Zoltan in the war against 'Auto - replies'. I have formulated the following friendly message which I will paste in every auto-repply I receive:

Your auto-reply was sent in response to a mail from the JDEList mailing list. Frequent 'posters' get a multitude of 'out of office' responses every time they submit a post to one of the forums. Could you please exclude the JDEList mailing list from future out of office replies.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Rgds, Sef

Sef van den Nieuwelaar
Australia
B732 on NT, XE on NT, B732/A73 on AS400, B733 on NT

* Coming to a European City near you soon *

Hi Ryan,

The mails comming from JDEList contain the e-mail address of the sender (e.g. in my case "[email protected]" when I have sent the post). This is the reason why the poster receives auto-replies after sent posts.

I suggested to reply the auto-replies manually not automatically.
I have a pattern e-mail body text and I copy this text in my reply changing the salutation name.

You have written: "What rule do you suggest?"

It is not clear for me what do you mean:
1.) Rule for auto-reply the auto-reply
2.) Rule for do not auto-reply mailes that come from JDEList when the Out-of-Office is on

Regards,

Zoltán

Hi Sef,

I am glad that you join me.

Your pattern answer text is very good and I like it.
Should I replace my pattern reply with yours?/w3timages/icons/blush.gif
Of course, with changed signature /w3timages/icons/laugh.gif

Regards,

Zoltán

Back