Tips for Moderators

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
Hi JDEList,

I would like to advise something to our great Moderators /w3timages/icons/dragon.gif

Please, send always Larry's Nethiquette with a comment about the current problem, to the poster who harms the Forum or violate the Nethiqette or simply yet is unfamiliar /w3timages/icons/baby.gif on the JDEList Forum and totally innocent.

What's your opinion?

Regards,

Zoltán

P.S.: Some of you will know what was the post today on one of my favorite Forums which triggered this post. /w3timages/icons/wink.gif

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Hi JDEList Forum,

I know, it cause sometimes problem to the moderators, how to notify posters about a moderation issue when the posters' e-mail address is unknown (e.g. there is nothing neither in their user profile nor in their posts).

The Private Channel of JDEList Forum isn't a solution, because most of these cases, the posters communicate via e-mail instead on the web site, so they will never read their Private Messages.

Suggestion 1.:
==============
Moderators, subscribe in your user profile to receive the posts as e-mail too. Route these posts into a separate folder and this way the address will be available in the e-mail. Of course, you can purge this folder regulary.

Suggestion 2.:
==============
Eric, make the registration e-mail address available for the Moderators.

Suggestion 3.:
==============
Why isn't the registration e-mail address public at all. When I receive the posts as e-mail too, then the posters' e-mail addresses are always available for me. So, why isn't it public?

Regards,

Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Back