Property Management Conversion

Christian Audet

Christian Audet

Staff member
Hi All,

I'm looking for somebody who did a conversion from World to OneWorld for the Property Management Module. Someone who used the table conversion (Already develop by Denver) and included with OneWorld will be also usefull.

================================================================================
What are the special situation that you encounter;

Have you done it with the Coexistance yes or no (I will not use coexistance to do it);

Do you know any ESU that you were force to apply for the conversion to work;

Do you know anything that was not specify in the JDEdwards documentation that I should know;

I may have more question to in my mind latter, for now if you have a answer to this I will appreciate;

If you are just USING oneWorld and the property management module, I may in the future have more question for you also.

Ok this is to poll the List about property management, let's see the number of JDELister that may help me with this issue and any future one.

Christian Audet

*** SHARED KNOWLEDGE = BETTER KNOWLEDGE ***

Implementing B7333 (Xe) SP16.1, SQL
(Support B732, B7331 and B7332)

Hi Christian

I personally do not have any experience at all with Property Management. However I do know that a company called the 'Gandel Group' in Melbourne Australia migrated from World to XE last year. The Gandel Group owns a number of large shopping complexes.

Rgds,

Sef van den Nieuwelaar
Australia
B732 on NT, XE on NT, B732/A73 on AS400, B733 on NT

Sef,

Thank you for your reply.

I just want to inform all of you that i'm doing that type of conversion for the property management module and in a couple of months I will have a answer to many questions that lead me to start this thread.

Christian

Implementing B7333 (Xe) SP16.1, SQL

I'm just beginning a conversion from World to OW, but don't think I'll get to the data conversion for a couple of months yet. Be interested in how you got on.

Also you may not be aware, but there is an Enhanced Property Management module available in the UK. It will become part of the next major release of OW ( B9 ? Xe.1 ? whatever they call it ?)

Nick,

I'm right inside it !

Let me give you part of what we did here and maybe you will have specific question.

Jan. 2001
- Company A and Company B has merged there business
- Company A is using World (Financial,PM) and Company B is using OneWorld B733.2 (Financial) & a custom program to manage PM
- "WE DO NOT USE COEXISTENCE AT ALL"
- Analisys Start

April 2001
- Table Conversion Development Start
- Since there is a merge of two company, there is a lot of mapping table to change (AN8, CO, MCU, etc.) because both company were using the same number.

October 2001
- Thursday 5:00pm all employee are leaving for 3 days
- GoLive
- 7 million records to transfer (financial only)
- We run all the table conversion and "YEP, It take time and cofee"
- Monday Morning All employee are back to work in OneWorld.
- Now the two company are Live in OneWorld B733.2

- There was many reason to choose B733.3 instead of Xe (here's two):
...1 - Company B was already in B733.2
...2 - October 2001 was a perfect timming to GoLive (Financial)

From October 2001 to Today

- Company A run OneWorld B733.2 with a interface to transfert PM financial stuff from World.
- Company B run OneWorld B733.2 with a interface to transfert PM financial stuff from there "In house" software.
- Property Management Data is still speparate in Company A & B

February 2002
- Analysis and development of PM conversion at both company
- Approximate number of record to convert (PM only) : 12 million recors
- Still going with the conversion method and you can be sure that this will work fine AGAIN

Our Work for the next year is :
- Install & Use the latest version of Xe
- Transfert PM data from World to OneWorld
- Transfert PM data from the "In House" sofware

Ok I will update this thread later if some of you are interested !

Christian

Implementing B7333 (Xe) SP18.1, SQL

Christian, I realise this thread is quite old, but would you still consider updating it for your World to OW for conversion of PM? Your insight and comments would be very appreciated.

Regards,

tarkan

Tarkan,

Wow you just broke the record of the oldest thread reopen! ;)

I successfully converted PM data from World to OneWorld at this client. I'm out of this client since january 2004. There is probably a lot to say about it so I will ask you more information about what do you have in place, what is the scope (size) of your conversion, what info you already got ? did you start something ? (I see you are coexistant, so you started something at least). I'm sure you did a lot of reading from the Peoplesoft Partner Connection WEB Site and that probably bring you a lot of question. Do you have specific answer you are looking for ?

Give me more info and I will do my best to update this old thread.

Sorry if it take me a couple of days to update since I have to travel a lot those days.

Christian Audet

Christian,

We went live in '99 running PM and AR on World, and AP and GL on B7331. We moved B7331 up to Xe mid '04. Migration off of World is the natural next step.

I have scoured 'solution search' for conversion issues and found the PM and AR tech bulletins, and a few other documents on some issues like UC's and such. Even so, there's nothing so helpful as someone else's comments on their experiences.

I am from the functional side, so I'm not likely to even know about technical matters that I should be adding to a plan. That is where you or others may be able to add some insight.

If you can remember the general tasks/phases of your plan and any gotcha's on the CNC side I would be most grateful.

Again, thank you for keeping up with the thread and I look forward to hearing from you.

tarkan

Back