Strange Cursor Flashing when doing post

Christian Audet

Christian Audet

Staff member
Hi List and Eric,

Is it only me or the cursor is flashing very stange when doing post.

When you do a post and you are inside the white box to edit your message I sometime see that my cursor is going crazy (the flashing is realy not normal). I don't know if I'm right but it seems to be banner related (the banner at the top of the list). I was able to see that depending on the banner at the top of the list the cursor is not flashing the same when inside the edit box.

Ok maybe I need to take a pill or two, but I don't think so since it's doing the same thing at my friend machine.

Christian

*** SHARED KNOWLEDGE = BETTER KNOWLEDGE ***

Implementing B7333 (Xe) SP16.1, SQL
(Support B732, B7331 and B7332)

Hi Christian,

Have you already try to scroll out on the screen the animations on the top and / or the Click and Tag panel?

Try it! /w3timages/icons/cool.gif

Regards,
Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Zoltán,

Yes, when I scroll down so I don't see the banner the behaviour is not there, that's why I think this is banner related. But I also think this is a new "feature", that's why I was looking for your opinion on this. What's the Clic and Tag Panel, are you talking about the threaded mode ?

Christian

Hi Christian,

I had miss-spelled previously, "Click and Tag" panel correctly (and fully) is "Click a Tag to Insert it in your Post".

This panel appears only when doing post on the General board. It resides on the top right corner on the screen (at least at me) when doing post, it is on the same high like the Subject field.

This panel is where you can click and insert icons into the post or change the font style and colour.

When you start a new post then these pretty icons are animated and the cursor is flashing strangely in the white box. If you insert any icon into your post then the animations stop and the cursor flashing also stops. This happens at least at me.

Please, try to insert an icon into the post and check what happens./w3timages/icons/shocked.gif

Regards,

Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Zoltan,

Even when there is no Icon or banner, it's doing it in most of the edit box over the forum, even in the profile screen (Strange !)

Ok, this is not a huge issue, so don't take your time on this, maybe it will not event be there after <big><big><big><big><big><big><font color=008080><font face="Comic Sans MS">"upgrade 2"</font face=comic></font color=008080></big></big></big></big></big></big>/w3timages/icons/smile.gif

Christian,

I have seen references to 'Update 2' in a couple of threads by Zoltan and yourself. Forgive me if this has been announced elsewhere and I simply missed it. Is there a list of what is scheduled to be updated and when this is to occur?

Thanks!

Ryan Hunt
OneWorld XE; Update2; SP17.1_B1
AS400; V4R5
DS: Win2k SP2, SQL 7.0 SP3
TSE's: Win2k(SP2) & NT4.0(SP6a) with Metaframe 1.8

Sorry, in my previous post I meant 'Upgrade 2'; not to be confused with OneWorld's update 2./w3timages/icons/crazy.gif

Thanks

Ryan Hunt
OneWorld XE; Update2; SP17.1_B1
AS400; V4R5
DS: Win2k SP2, SQL 7.0 SP3
TSE's: Win2k(SP2) & NT4.0(SP6a) with Metaframe 1.8

Ryan,

We are optimistic that Upgrade 2 will be completed this month.

Place your system configuration information in your signature!

Back