Purpose of General Board

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
Hi Everybody,

I noticed previously sometimes too but recently that more and more issues appear on the General board which are off-topic here but will be answered faster, richer, moretimes and better when they would be post onto the professional boards.

I have already replied sometimes these type of posts here, on the General, mainly when I supposed I can add my two cents to the issue. Of course, I told also in my replies that this board is not the approriate place for these issue and tried to explain what are the benefits of to post these issues to the professional JDEList forums.

I also recently noticed that these off-topic issues (with all replies) will be moved after a time onto one of the professional Forums from here, supposly by one of the great volunteer /w3timages/icons/king.gif JDEList Moderators. Am I right? If yes, then this is great /w3timages/icons/smile.gif and thanks.
Just a curious question: Do you notify in these cases the originator that her/his issue/thread had been moved to an other JDEList Forum? I suppose, yes.

I will not reply these off-topic issues any more in the future here on the General board, and will be waiting them to be appeared on the professional Forum when I have any cent for it.

Regards,

Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Zoltán,

I appreciate that you also want to keep the General Board, "General" /w3timages/icons/smile.gif

For your question :

- Yes sometimes new thread that are off topic are moved to the right board.
- For now there is not enought off topic thread to have a RULE of informing the user, but I think it's a great idea and I will consider it next time (it will only be possible if the user have a eMail address in is profile, unless using private mail).

Christian Audet
/w3timages/icons/smile.gif

*** SHARED KNOWLEDGE = BETTER KNOWLEDGE ***

Implementing B7333 (Xe) SP16.1, SQL
(Support B732, B7331 and B7332)

Christian,

Thanks for the information.

Just an additional curious question:

Do you know that is anybody working already on the JDEList "netiquette"? Would be very useful. Do you remember Larry's Cranky post and its replies and some other discussion, mainly here on the General Board?

Also Thanks helping Eric in the JDEList administration tasks!

Regards,

Zoltán

Zoltán,

No I don't know anybody working on the netiquette. And YES you can be sure that I remember Larry's Cranky Post (I will remember this thread for the rest of my life). Sure it's a realy good idea to have a "enhance" netiquette and I feel like Larry's Cranky Post sometimes on the list.

Maybe Larry is a good candidate for the netiquette since his famous post (Ok Larry this is NOT a official request).

What I will do is to make sure with Eric that nobody is already working on it and then we may all together find the best way to produce it. I'm sure that it's not all people that realize what they should or should not do on the list. a "enhance" netiquette can be a nice reminder for unfamiliar users.

You probably know about it but I'm giving training in OneWorld Development (a couple of time a year) and when I teach to them about this site then I told them about Larry`s Post (Excuse me Larry) and I tell them to respect that.

Ok that's enough for today, I will be back on the subject.

Christian

*** SHARED KNOWLEDGE = BETTER KNOWLEDGE ***

Implementing B7333 (Xe) SP16.1, SQL
(Support B732, B7331 and B7332)

/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif
Thanks for the laugh Christian. I'm happy that my momentary lapse has been of use /w3timages/icons/wink.gif

I would be happy to contribute to a netiquette document and will post something here for all of you to look at shortly.

Best Regards,

Larry Jones
[email protected]
OneWorld XE, SP 15.1
HPUX 11, Oracle SE 8.1.6
Mfg, Distribution, Financials

Hi Larry,

I am glad to read that you would be happy to contribute to a netiquette. This netiquette is missing a bit here on the Forum as you also know very well, and know all of the problems also.

You were very right /w3timages/icons/tonguea.gif in your "Cranky post" (me, as Christian and supposely many of us, won't forget it), but let me an addition /w3timages/icons/tonguea.gif

Please, respect, this amazing JDEList Forum is an international one and the English (American) language is not the native one for many of the participant (like me /w3timages/icons/sick.gif), so please, use as simple English (American) as you can (can you /w3timages/icons/wink.gif?) and please, avoid to use abbreviation like BTW, TIA FYI, FWIW, BMW/w3timages/icons/cool.gif, USA/w3timages/icons/blush.gif, because most of them (not all) are unfathomable mystery for many of us (like me again). TIA /w3timages/icons/laugh.gif = Thanks In Advance!

Have a good work, Author!

Regards,

Zoltán

P.S.: Excuse me to use your Trade Mark Icons /w3timages/icons/tonguea.gif

Back