Changing 2nd Item number

scott_parker

Reputable Poster
Greetings,

Part of our New Product introduction (or ECO Process) involves basically completely setting up a "NPI" item. The BOM the Costing etc.
When this product has been "Approved". someone will go in and change the 2nd Item number to a "Useable" number. The Program P40821 "Global Item Number Updates" is automatically kicked off from the Item master screen when the 2nd item number is changed. This program kicks off P40821X which reads the UDC table 40 IC and will change the field in every file in that UDC table.

This process does not seem to always be working.
Last week I ran across a lot of 2nd item numbers in the costing files (F4105 and F30026) in which by linking the Short item numbers to the Item master I found that the 2nd item numbers where not the same.

I have warned the users NOT to simulate the Cost or do anything else with that item after they change the 2nd item number until after the Batch job P40821X is done. So not to get into a "Record Lock" situation.

This week I am finding this is also happening in some other files. F3002 (BOM file)

I am afraid to check all the files that are in that UDC. Its fairly quick to write the WW to check them but....

Anyone have any Insights?

Scott Parker
Grote Industries, LLC.
WorldSoftware Version 8.1.2 AS/400 V4R4 (soon to be V4R5)

Back