VERIFY the e-mail address before send your post!

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
List,
Please, verify the e-mail address before send your post onto the List!
DO NOT SEND your post to the wrong "[email protected]" instead of the correct "[email protected]".

Sending mail to the correct address the issue will appear on the Forum too and the sender will have much more chance to receive valuable help because it will be read by Forum subscribers/listeners too who aren't (already) subscribers to the List. The most of Forum subscribers was subscribers to the List earlier but they have unsubscribed the List since they are using Forum.

If you address your issue correctly then you initiate a new thread on the Forum, so you can find all response easy, collected them together under your original post.

Please, visit the Forum and see how does it work.

This mail has been written and sent via the Forum.

Thank in advance that you take care of correct addressing,
Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Hi List & Forum again,
Here is some additional clarification about the problem of addresses.

One of you sent an answer to my personal address:
"You are probably the worst offender of this! Almost everything I get from you is to the 'ml' address."

Although he wasn't right but his answer was very useful pointing to a misleading situation. Let me explain it.

When you receive an e-mail from the Forum/List then you will always find "[email protected]" in the TO: field of the header. Why?
I suppose, Forum/List support use it as their own to spread/forward incomming mails to the subsribers of the appropriate JDE List, grouping them with this address.
For example, when I make a post on the OneWorld Developers board of the Forum or send it to "[email protected]" then they will forward it to the subscribers of the OneWorld Developers Mailing List but won't to the subscribers of the World Mailing List.

All posts comming from the Developer List has a property:
"Reply-To: [email protected]"
Some of mailing system can handle this some of them can not handle it when you use the "Reply" function of that.

My SW can handle, so when I reply a post with my SW using "Reply" then I will see "[email protected]" address in the TO field on the header of my reply.

Please, check your mailing SW that does it handle this or does not.
If it does not then please, always take care of deleting the ML from the address. Thanks.

Visit the Forum if you haven't done it yet.
I suppose/hope, you will feel more comfortable and faster to communicate with the others, following issues and/or search for something instead of using e-mails only.
You do not have to register yourself previously. It is an open Forum.
Let's go to "http://www.jdelist.com/forums.shtml"
Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Back