Re-applying custom mods after UPDATE2/ESUs on UBE

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
Hi List/Forum,

I will detail my current situation but I suppose it is not special for the UBE/UPDATE2/ESUs but could be general problem.
I really-really hope that somebody could help because this issue drives me crazy. Let's see.

First of all: this happens on XE SP 15.1, SQL+NTs

1.) I made more mods on R12855 User Defined Depreciation UBE, like:
* extended the layout of an existing section
* created three custom section (all are Conditional, hmmm... alias "Page Break After" on our SP15.1, see the thread: Do Custom Section)
* added event rule parts to existing event rules of existing sections (as less as was necessary)
* added event rules to my new sections (all in Do Section)

2.) We applied UPDATE2 and some ESUs
* Although our CNC guys said it happened with MERGE, all of my mods were wiped out (no problem, I haven waited really other result)

3.) I was getting started to re-apply my mods:
* re-applied the layout changes on the original section
* added my custom sections
* re-applied the layout on my three custom section
* took care of to use the same DD Item, to use the same labels and RV names, to apply the same geometry, to set the same section and RV properties.

4.) Here came the ERs using Visual ER Compare:
* I haven't any custom ER variable, so there was nothing to do with them
* I started first to move my ERs into my custom section using Visual ER Compare: after the first section the ER validation was successfull but weren't after the remaining two. The ER validation bombed me with a lot of error log...
...AND...
... the strange thing were that the log named another Section that hasn't been touched by me but are new after UPDATE2 and ESUs.

I switched on the "Show Object IDs" in View/User Options of Visual ER Compare and detected that two of my custom section has the same section ID than two of the new three section shipped by UPDATE2/ESUs.

Another strange thing was that the moved ERs appeared under the new sections instead of under mine customs when I opened the UBE with the designer (RDA).

Object IDs of the shipped new sections are:
128 for "Grand Total Processing"
129 for "Grand Total Heading"
130 for "Grand Total Detail"

Object IDs of my re-applied custom sections are:
127 for my first
128 for my second
130 for my third section

My first section was "fortunate" the to gain an ID in a gap but 128 and 130 IDs are in conflict.

I have had a lot of work up to now in this job re-applying my mods and I do not believe that the result will be different if I start it from scratch again. Further starting from scratch requires to re-apply UPDATE2 and maybe some ESUs for this UBEtoo but our CNC guys have currently a bunch of other problems and other urgent job.

Please, help!!!

Any solution will be highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Again: this happens on XE SP 15.1, SQL+NTs

Zoltán
... with a bit more gray hair :(

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Back