App Server errors

jpayne

I have an unusual problem that is happening on my win2k Apps Server. When I stop and start the services I am getting an error 'SEC0000003 - Security Server returned eSecUnknownUser for user jde for eSecValidate' - According to KG and JDE it is the username and password on my ini file. I have checked and double-checked this. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks much.

Joanna
CNC Admin
XE svc pk 16
Co-existent
(400 - cume 12X3)

Check the jde username and password are all the same in the following:
The INI file on the ES.
AS400 (try logging on to an as400 emulation session or on the console)
Verify the OneWorld user JDE has a data source record associated with the OneWorld security profile and that it matches the AS400 password.

On the win2k Apps Server you need to check the username and password on your NT network and the user name JDE services are running under.

Note: When verifing the data source record for JDE I had one install where I had to actually delete the “Default” record and recreate it.

Mike Trottier
Independent CNC Consultant
Onsite and Dial-up Support
B731,B732,B733,XE
AS400,Unix,NT
Oracle,SQL
#801 557-8368<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by mtrottier on 11/1/01 02:06 PM.</FONT></P>

Hi Joanna,

This could be a password issue. Check to see if JDE or the SYSTEM USER has been locked-out.

Thanks

Adrian Valentim
Valmatrix Consulting Inc.

Thanks for the advice from everyone. I did finally get this worked out with JDE support. I had to create a new DB and OW user. When I did this, things started working. I appreciate the responses.

Back