White screen at log-in.

JDEWine

I have an issue where users log into JDE (9.2) and all they see is a white page - no menu, no main screen. It normally occurs after changing their active directory password or having the AD password reset. The only fix I have seen for this is deleting the user's ID and re-creating it. We have 400 users and it probably occurs once a week. Has anyone seen anything similar in 9.2?

It sounds like you are using LDAP authentication. One of my sites has taken to calling it the "white screen of death". I have seen this under 9.2 but for a different reason than you describe. In my case it is caused by the user being present in AD and having the stub of a user profile in JDE but having no valid roles assigned. So the web login passes the authentication stage but then cannot render the user interface including menus since the user has no valid roles. We see this because we have automated user provisioning (via a synch script between AD and JDE) up to the point of assigning the roles which is a separate manual approval process. So we end up with users jumping the gun and trying to login before their roles have been assigned.

I wouldn't expect a password change to cause this. LDAP authentication works by simply trying an LDAP bind as the user using the password they have entered into the web. Are you externalizing your JDE roles to LDAP as well?

Your best bet for troubleshooting is to turn on JAS debug logging and security kernel debug logging and study what is going on. I know it can be a challenge to do this in production with a sporadic issue. Usually even just putting the security kernels into debug via server manager, having the user with the issue attempt to login and then turning of debug will give you enough information to pinpoint the issue.

Back