A question on row security (exclusive)

RonWeasley

Hi,
I was reviewing a JDE 9.1 configuration with Exclusive Row Security in place. I got confused with a particular entry that I saw. Here are the details:

Table Name: Fxxx
Data Item: Dxxx
The range of the data item Dxxx defined in the system is from 60 to 99. Now, the requirement is that a certain role is ALLOWED to add/change/delete entries corresponding to From Value 70 to Through Value 79. Rest of the records are viewable but not editable. The entries in their P00950 for this requirement is as follows:

Role.....Table...Data_Item..From_Value...Through_Value...View...Add...Change...Delete
Rxxx....Fxxx....Dxxx..........60................69.....................Y.......N.......N............N
Rxxx....Fxxx....Dxxx..........70................79.....................Y.......Y.......Y.............Y
Rxxx....Fxxx....Dxxx..........90................99.....................Y.......N.......N............N

My question is - is the exclusive row security configured correctly in this case? Shouldn't the last row be From 80 Through 99. More so, since it is exclusive and it blocks a range of values identified by N - should only the first and the third (corrected to 80 for From Value) entry suffice and the second entry needn't be there?

It would be of great help if someone clarifies my doubt.

Regards,
Ron

Hi Ron,

Yes with exclusive row security , all ranges that need to be secured need to be explicitly blocked. So the way it is setup now , 80 to 89 will be available for everyone to edit.

Your last line should be 80 to 99 as you have mentioned. Also yes technically you don't even need the 70 to 79 record with all Y. It is implicit.

Thank you ice_cube210!

I guess I would never know why they marked security as Exclusive and then wrote everything!

Back