Deployment Server Migration - F98MOQUE Error

Soumen

Soumen

Reputable Poster
Dear List,

We performed a Deployment Server platform migration from a Windows 2008 R2 server to a new Windows 2012 R2 server. I followed all the steps mentioned in Doc ID 659735.1 for this migration. We took the second approach where we changed the name of the Deployment Server to a new one. As mentioned in the document I ran SQL updates on the below tables to reflect the the new Deployment Server name.

F00942
F00945
F983051
F9861
F9650
F9651

After the migration I am able to successfully perform the following:

Build and deploy an update package from DV910, PY910 and PD910 successfully.
Build a Full package in DV and PY and deploy them.
Sucessfully Able to Check-out and Check-in BSFN, NER, etc.

However when I installed the newly built package on a FAT client I am getting the database error "Error opening F98MOQUE table".

Please note we also upgraded the Local OEE to version 12.1.0.2.0 and the Planner Import/Export all were sucessfull. I followed the below white paper from MOS to upgrade the Local OEE.

JD_Edwards_EnterpriseOne_9.1.4_Installing_and_Upgrading_Oracle_on_Dev_Client_and_Dep_Server.pdf
JD_Edwards_EnterpriseOne_9.1.4_Manually_Installing_Oracle_12c_as_the_Local_Database__E1Local_.pdf

What could be causing this issue? Any help will be highly appreciated.
I am attaching the jde.log, jdeinstall log and screen shots with the post.

Some additional information:

Application Release: E9.1
Tools Release: 9.1.5.5
iSeries V7R1

Local OEE upgraded to 12c (12.1.0.2.0)

Thanks,
Soumen

===================
Environment PATH variable:

C:\E910\PY910\bin32;C:\E910\system\bin32;C:\oracle\product\12.1.0\client_1\bin;C:\Oracle\E1Local\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Citrix\System32\;C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\Client Access\Emulator;C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\Client Access\Shared;C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\Client Access\;C:\Program Files\Citrix\ICAService\;C:\Program Files\Citrix\Virtual Desktop Agent\;C:\E910\jdk\bin;c:\vertex\utils

Attachments

• installActions2016-06-23_03-00-12PM.log.txt
    574.9 KB · Views: 4
  • jde.log.txt
    412.4 KB · Views: 3
  • TNS_Ping.jpg
    TNS_Ping.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 3
  • F98MOQUE_Error.jpg
    F98MOQUE_Error.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 5
I guess this is the actual error from the install log file, but any idea what could be causing this?
I am sure I installed the 32-bit client on the machine as you can check in TNSPING.

ERR:
Import: Release 12.1.0.2.0 - Production on Thu Jun 23 15:12:34 2016

Copyright (c) 1982, 2014, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

Username:
Connected to: Oracle Database 12c Enterprise Edition Release 12.1.0.2.0 - 64bit Production
With the Partitioning, OLAP, Advanced Analytics and Real Application Testing options
ORA-39002: invalid operation
ORA-39070: Unable to open the log file.
ORA-29283: invalid file operation
ORA-06512: at "SYS.UTL_FILE", line 536

ORADB0021 - oradbImpdpTbspc failed for tablespace SPEC_PY60623
Password:
Import: Release 12.1.0.2.0 - Production on Thu Jun 23 15:12:34 2016

Copyright (c) 1982, 2014, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

OK ... I was able to resolve it ... :) For the greater good here is the resolution.

The issue was the permission on the oracle user not having enough rights to Import DB. It is better explained in this Doc ID
I just had to add the orauser to the LOCAL admin group and the Import worked this time.

E1: INST: EnterpriseOne 9.1 Platform Pack Fails with Error SYS.UTL_FILE on Windows 2012 and Oracle 12c Database (Doc ID 1637866.1)

When running the JDEdwards 9.1 Platform Pack InstallOracleDatabase.bat script, you get the following error messages:

Import: Connected to: Oracle Database 12c Release 12.1.0.1.0 - 64bit Production
ORA-39002: invalid operation
ORA-39070: Unable to open the log file.
ORA-06512: at "SYS.UTL_FILE", line 536
For details on the ORA error messages above and their meaning, review the Oracle Database Error Messages12c Release 1 (12.1).

CAUSE

When installing the Oracle 12c database, you created a new Local “oracle” user to “own/run” the Oracle database and Listener on the server. The Datapump Import/Export utilities (impdp and expdp) will read/write files to Oracle Directory objects (Windows operating system folders) as the “oracle” user. Those directory folders need to have Read/Write (or Full Control) security permissions granted at the O/S level.

Oracle 12c has changed how the install works on Windows servers. It now requires the database install be owned by a user that does not have administrative rights. Because the Platform Pack has to be run by an admin user, it will cause the install to fail because the Oracle user does not have the necessary permissions to modify directories created by the Platform pack. When data pump runs to load the tables, it tries to create log files under JDEdwardsPPack\E910\ORCL\logs and it fails because the Oracle user cannot access that directory.

SOLUTION

This has been reported in Bug 17200730 and the fix entered into future E1 application release 9.2.

Workarounds until E1 9.2 is available:

Grant the “LOCALSERVER\oracle” user Full Control permissions on the entire X:\JDEdwards folder structure (and subfolders), and confirm by reviewing the Advanced Security permissions in the Properties of the X:\JDEdwards folder. Run the InstallOracleDatabase.bat script and it should now be successful.

When loading the 9.1 Platform Pack with Oracle 12c and above, choose the option to put down the DB scripts but not run them (uncheck "Run scripts automatically"). Give the owner of the Oracle DB install rights to the PPack directories (x:\JDEdwardsPPack\E910\ORCL and sub-folders). Sign on as the Oracle user and manually run InstallOracleDatabase.BAT.

Back