posting program (R09801), but to allow users to submit these reports from a
menu and to have the ability to change the data selection. In World this
was not difficult, as you could put a '1' in the version security and still
allow the processing options or data selection to be prompted. However, in
OneWorld it appears that when the level 1 security is selected, only the
last user (the owner of the version) has the ability to be prompted for the
processing options or data selection.

Has anyone else found a way of working around this issue, without removing
the version security, or creating a version for each user?

Ian Morton
Peregrine Group, Inc.

Ian Morton
Peregrine Group, Inc.

Hi Ian,

This type of security, plus other security options, is available via the
Security Workbench.

Regards

Hi Ian,

have you found a solution? Got the same problem. There is no direct way to secure with P00950 instead.

Michael.

Xe Upd1, SP15, Intel NT4, Oracle 8.1.6

What type of Security are you wanting to apply to P00950? We have it denied to *PUBLIC and granted back to our Security Admin.

As for version security - OneWorld does not have the option to secure at the version level. One way that you can work around the is Grant Processing Option Security to the group that you want to be able to Prompt for values/versions and for the group that you want to be able to run only one version of a program add that program/version to their custom menu and deny the Prompt for values/versions for that program and they will only get what you have setup for them on their menu.

Hope this helps,

Robby

XESP17 on NT4/SQL7, XEU3SP18 on W2K/SQL2K, XEU3SP16.1/A73 & JAS on AS400/W2K/SQL7

For version security maybe you could try using row security on the
f983051 table? I must admit that I haven't tried it, and I don't know
what the performance impact would be but it might get you out of a
security hole?

Regards,
Kieran Fitzgerald

OneWorld does have version security. Look in Version Detail from Batch Versions.

jdecnc <[email protected]> wrote: What type of Security are you wanting to apply to P00950? Whe have it denied to *PUBLIC and granted back to or Security Admin.

As for version security - OneWorld does not have the option to secure at the version level. One way that you can work around the is Grant Processing Option Security to the group that you want to be able to Prompt for values/versions and for the group that you want to be able to run only one version of a program add that program/version to their custom menu and deny the Prompt for values/versions for that program and they will only get what you have setup for them on their menu.

Hope this helps,

Robby

XESP17 on NT4/SQL7, XEU3SP18 on W2K/SQL2K, XEU3SP16.1/A73 & JAS on AS400/W2K/SQL7
--------------------------
Visit the forum to view this thread at:
http://www.jdelist.com/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=OW&Number=26587
+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+
This is the JDEList One World® / XE mailing list / forum.
Archives and information on how to SUBSCRIBE, and
UNSUBSCRIBE can be found on the JDEList Forum at
http://www.JDEList.com

JDEList is not affiliated with JDEdwards®

---------------------------------

Brother_of_kara,

You are correct about the version security but in this case that will only partially work. In my post I was claiming that OneWorld does not have Version security within P00950 where all other security exist. (Implying that we knew I was talking about P00950) By going in and changing the security on the version to 2 or 3 prevents the user from changing the values. It does not prevent them from prompting for versions and run the version of choice.

Warm regards,

Robby

Robby,

I realized after I sent my reply that I had jumped into this thread in mid-stream. My bad.

jdecnc <[email protected]> wrote: Brother_of_kara,

You are correct about the version security but in this case that will only partially work. In my post I was claiming that OneWorld does not have Version security within P00950 where all other security exist. (Implying that we knew I was talking about P00950) By going in and changing the security on the version to 2 or 3 prevents the user from changing the values. It does not prevent them from prompting for versions and run the version of choice.

Warm regards,

Robby

--------------------------
Visit the forum to view this thread at:
http://www.jdelist.com/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=OW&Number=26623
This is the JDEList One World® / XE mailing list / forum.
Archives and information on how to SUBSCRIBE, and
UNSUBSCRIBE can be found on the JDEList Forum at
http://www.JDEList.com

JDEList is not affiliated with JDEdwards®

---------------------------------

Brother_of_kara,

No problem..... Maybe we were able to help them out.

Robby

Back