Training recommendations for an EnterpriseOne newbie.

LorTam

I'd appreciate some advice about how to get started with training.

Which classes are the most appropriate for a beginner to JDE who needs to learn to publish data from the application?

My position is IT, and I have many years supporting users with another ERP package. I want to learn the tools & to write reports & learn application enhancement techniques.
About a year ago, I did Oracle University's "JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Common Foundation Rel 9.x". It was a decent start, but too long ago. I am not certain if I am on the right track, but I am trying to decide between Oracle University's "EnterpriseOne Development Tools Part 1 Rel 9.x" or JDETip's "Enterprise Report Writer I 9.1".

Which is better, or is there something else, I should look at first?
Thanks,
Lori

Its better u do the EnterpriseOne Development Tools Part 1 Rel 9.x as it will cover all the tools required to create reports and applications in JDE.I think the Oracle University course is very expensive.I can suggest trainers who will provide the training at nominal fees if interested..

Regards,
Krishna

I'd appreciate some advice about how to get started with training.

Which classes are the most appropriate for a beginner to JDE who needs to learn to publish data from the application?

My position is IT, and I have many years supporting users with another ERP package. I want to learn the tools & to write reports & learn application enhancement techniques.
About a year ago, I did Oracle University's "JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Common Foundation Rel 9.x". It was a decent start, but too long ago. I am not certain if I am on the right track, but I am trying to decide between Oracle University's "EnterpriseOne Development Tools Part 1 Rel 9.x" or JDETip's "Enterprise Report Writer I 9.1".

Which is better, or is there something else, I should look at first?
Thanks,
Lori

First I recommend listing the key responsibilities of your current role in IT (as you mentioned). Which area of IT is your chosen specialty and how does this line up with your current role. If they align and you can define your key responsibilities that are value add to your Company and define a career path that motivates you, then your next step can be to define a "training path" that is meaningful and will bring you along toward more responsibility and ultimate career success. One thing for certain, in IT and specifically JDE, it is very important to define the elements that can define you. For example, functional vs. technical; developer vs. CNC; object development vs. report writing; these are somewhat simple but hopefully you get the message.

I would speak with JDEtips (http://www.jdetips.com/) as they have quality training for IT developers as well as end users. Andy Klee and the group over there have been doing it well for a long time.

Yes JDE Tips does an excellent job and has a very good track record with many satisfied JDE users over the years. I know some of their instructors and they are very experienced.

They can also assist you in defining your Training Path forward and they certainly have the training courses that will help you greatly. Please keep in touch.

I took the Development Tools Part 1 & 2 accelerated class many years ago at an Oracle site. I would recommend it if they still offer instructor led training. Oracle really pushes web based training these days, and I'm not as impressed with those type offerings. Another good resource to get your feet wet, although outdated, is the JD Edwards OneWorld Developers guide.

http://www.amazon.com/J-D-Edwards-O...TF8&qid=1457464846&sr=1-6&keywords=JD+Edwards

You can at least get idea of the basic tool sets JDE provides in creating/customizing reports and applications.

I too am extremely new to JDE, only have been working with the development environment for 4 weeks. I've gone through a lot of training material my company provided me with but rarely do they bring up Event Rules and the actual coding behind the scenes. Can anyone make a recommendation on a great book that will step you through the coding process?

I started with the Report Writer class, then later took the Dev 1 & 2 accelerated class.

Back