WebSphere support policy...

swhitmire

Reputable Poster
Hey, I heard Oracle's WebSphere support policy is changing, but I can't find any details on their site... can someone give me a link or more info? My understanding is that they're changing to where you need to call IBM for WebSphere issues? Will IBM be taking those calls without further charges?

Hello Scotti,

Are you referring to Oracle's retirement of the JD Edward's Technology Foundation Products and Support (ie Blue Stack) with end of technical support as of September 30, 2016? If so, look at document 1232453.1 on My Oracle Support. There was a FAQ document too, but I can't find it now. Basically, if you will still be running IBM WebSphere with JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, you will need to get support and maintenance from IBM (and yes there will be charges). Or you can 'upgrade' to "Red Stack' and use Weblogic (and again there will be charges). There are also some subtle licensing differences with BI Publisher if you don't have "Red Stack".

Hope that helps

if you don't require support from IBM? Do we still contact IBM for registration etc?

Is anyone know or guess when IBM Websphere 7 will expire or not supported by IBM?

Back