Bursting / Archiving

jimmymac

Reputable Poster
We are on E1 9.0 and attempting to setup emailing of our remittances. One approach we are looking at its turning on Archiving and then emailing the output form the Archive.

However, with our ACH remittances we will need to burst the document before emailing. This would mean that we need the documents stored in the Archive already burst.

So my question is for those who may have an opinion. With bursting and archiving set up, if we have an ACH remittance document of 11 pages, comprising 10 different ACH remittances, will the archive end up with just a single pdf for the original pdf, or would we expect to see 10 different pdf files representing the burst result?

Hi jimmy,
I think we discussed this solution sometimes back.

Coming to your question, bursting will create output based on your burst field.
The important thing to note is how you will retrieve the burst-ed segments from archive folder.
Regular report definition output file: R014021_XJDE0001_EN_110_31_xmlp_1231890467234.pdf
Bursted report definition output file: R014021_XJDE0001_EN_111_32_JDE_1224_4524_14_1231890577_EN-US_ADDRBOOK1_2.rtf
You need to establish correlation in the different burst-ed output of the same job.
Once you do that, it should be simple enough.

Thanks Abhishek,

I've turned on BI Arhive in our JDE test environment and see the files being output as you described. Not sure we are getting bursting to work though. The document is an ACH remittance, a version of R04572T. The test pdf output is a 11 page pdf with 10 different remittances. We need it to burst on remittance number and have set that up in the Report Definition Burst/Delivery setup.

When we run the test with our burst set up, we still just getting a single pdf in the archive. If it were working correctly I would expect to see 10 separate pdf documents, correct?

Please validate bursting as per metalink Note 1460779.2
Also, make sure that remittance number is present on the level break section and full X-path upto remittance number is defined in the burst field.

Back