Create!form7 no longer recognizes \NumberOfCopies metadata

KSwaeby

KSwaeby

Reputable Poster
Create!form7 no longer recognizes \\NumberOfCopies metadata

Create!form v7.x (Server and Designer)

I'm working on a project to upgrade a Cform32/Cform6/JDE 8.12 environment to Cform7/JDE 9.1. Has anybody encountered the problem of the JDE "Copies" parameter not working with Cform7?

When users submit jobs to run in JDE E1 and use the "Copies" parameter that value gets set in the JDE PDF metadata parameter \NumberOfCopies. Versions prior to Cform7 recognized the parameter automatically and printed the requested number of copies.

Now with Cform7, the only way I have found to get the "Copies" parameter to work is through a Cdirector project specifically making an expression for the Copies parameter in the Send node. Mapping the \NumberOfCopies parameter using a JTT file no longer works either.

So there is a way to get the functionality to work but it's making a mess of my configuration. The majority of my CformServer printers just merge and print. Now I have to double the number of printers and projects. To make things worse users are regularly using the "Copies" parameter on jobs that have no CformDesigner project (reports, etc). The CformServer printers are set to "Pass thru jobs with no matching project".

I reported "Copies" not working to BT last fall when I could not get it to work in a Cdirector project (that's when they told me it had to be an expression on the Copies function of the Send node). This time it's CformDesigner that the functionality no longer works and BT tells me I am the only one that's having this problem (so it's really low on the bug fix priority list).

Anybody having the same problem/issue?

Karen.

Re: Create!form7 no longer recognizes \\NumberOfCopies metadata

I'm afraid the only place I have used multiple Copies is by specifying it on the Send node parameter and it has worked fine. In my case they "always" wanted 2 copies so it was easy to change there. They never change it in E1.

But... I do have some stuff that I allow to run thru Director without a form project so I can test to see if changing the # of copies parm in E1 works when I pass it thru to director and get back to you. I can also probably test an actual form as well and let you know what I find.

Karen - Bad news. It works for me, if indeed I'm doing the same thing as you are.

I sent an E1 report through that has no director project and told it to give me 3 copies (via E1) and it indeed gave me three copies.

I sent an E1 report through that DOES have a director project and form and told it to send me three copies (via E1) and it indeed sent me three copies.

Are the users changing the "number of copies" in E1 as they are submitting the report? Or is it defined on the UBE version someplace already. (Not that it should matter, just curious).

Users are interactively using the "Copies" function in JDE when they submit the job to run. One example is Bill of Lading documents. They need a BOL for each container that is going out. If they have 6 containers then instead of printing the BOL one time and then making 5 copies (or printing the 1 job 5 more times) they simply tell JDE they need 6 when they run the job.

Based on your test I'll go back and check again. With Cform32 the "Copies" requested from JDE works. With Cform7 it did not. Users just print and merge a CformDesigner project via CformServer, no Cdirector project involved.

Karen.

I just re-tested printing directly to a laser printer. With CformServer32 merging and printing to the printer (NO Cdirector project) the \NumberOfCopies is honored. User selects 3 copies when they run the job in JDE, 3 copies print.

In CformServer7 same configuration (merge and print - NO Cdirector project) I only get 1 copy printed.

Back