Create!form Job with pages being dropped

ronniek44142

ronniek44142

Using Create!form Director 7.0.500.3115
Having issues where random page(s) are not printing. I am able to view the missing pages in the print job sent from JDE, I also can view the missing page(s) from the reprint manager within the spool file from the Create!form server. when I use the 'reprint function' from the reprint manager the missing page WILL print. If I resubmit the entire print job from JDE the same page(s) missing from the first print are again missing from second print job. Using a HP3005DN printer.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Sounds like a post script error, I received help on this before from Bottomline. You need to open the create!form server, right click on properties for printer in question, Use dropdown arrow for the ‘Default merge configuration’ and select ‘Manage’. click on the create new icon and create a new instance like PostScript2, make sure it is based on the original PostScript configuration. go ahead and hit ok a couple times making sure the new merge configuration is selected. you should be good to go.

I had the same thing happening on various printers (we have lots of them) and never had this happen when we were on 3x. After talking with BT Support, they had me create a new Postscript Merge Config (under CF Server) and then check the box on that says "Send Processing onto same queue".

This did indeed solve the problem. They said it may slow down initial printing a bit but we don't see any degradation. BUT... I took it a step farther. I have no way of know what printers "may" have the problem and which don't until someone calls me so I took the executive decision to turn on the "Send Processing onto same queue" for the normal Postscript Merge Config so that ALL printers do this and I don't have to have a special config just for printers that have a problem. BT Support wasn't so sure about the approach but I was also told it should have turning this flag on should have no ill effects on printers that were working fine originally.

It's been months since I turned that on for all printers and have not heard a peep from anyone. In fact the only issue that came up is that the printers that I had set to the "new PS config" (and left them), had troubles recently because for some reason, that merge config suddenly disappeared from the CF server so the printers that had that stopped working. I'm the only one that services things so how it disappeared is a mystery. I changed them all back to the normal Postscript config and all is happy again.

ssolberg, in response to your statement about the merge config suddenly disappearing, do you think it happened when a designer project was transferred to the CF server? Our environment has the CF designer projects created from a separate workstation and not the CF server itself, then we transfer the designer project to the CF server, as a precaution after making changes to the config file on the CF server I copied the 'mergeconfigs.data' file and applied it to the workstation running CF designer. My mergeconfis.data file is located in the Bottomline Technologies, Inc\Create!form\SystemResource folder. At this time I have not experienced any disappearing acts...

I have no idea why it has happened. I send designer projects to the server all the time. I have not figured out why it suddenly disappears with literally no interaction from a person.

Back