Createform Server Error Msgs - What do they mean

Cathy Wilbur

Well Known Member
Have any of you got these messages in your Create!email Server Log? Want to know how I resolve these errors and whether or not the emails actually went out. Has anyone had these types of errors and what did you do to fix them.

1) SMTP Connect Error - Operation timed out waiting for response from server

2) SendMail Error - Operation timed out waiting for response from server

3) SendMail Error - Connection to server is closed

4) Create!email(FINEFORMS),Unable to access spool file 'D:\Program Files\Create!form\spool\2410201319024902692.tmp'

1) Your email server is either not setup in Create!email (Admin > Config email) or your SMTP (or other email) server is not allowing connection (Relay) from your Create!form Server.

2) Same thing

3) Same thing

4) Try sharing the Create!form directory

Pretty basic, contact your Email Admin

Mark

I actually get #3 above on a daily basis but it doesn't seem to cause any "problem". It just pops up on the logs a dozen times a day but things are going through just fine.

I have had occasional issue that the connection to the email server gets "lost" completely (and there is no issue with the email server) and I have to restart CF Services to get things going again. Happens rarely but it is quite annoying. I did apply a patch some months ago on this one and things got a bit better but it still happens. BT Support did have reports of it happening, hence the patch.

If you are using C!F7 setup then I have seen e-mail issue you are raising. Soluiton is to bounce widnows service "CFservice" I normally stop "CFmessage" service first then bounce "CFservice" then monitor to ensure all is ok. On live this is always worry and that's why we are no looking at BI Embedded

Back