BI Publisher - Deliver test checks to a different printer

jimmymac

Reputable Poster
We use BI publisher embedded in JDE to print checks. Its always a hassle to test print one of our check formats since it typically prints out of state at another location.

We have our check versions hardcoded to the printer they are supposed to go to in production. In our test environment though we have the printer option turned off so that we can test without test checks accidentally printing out.

However, we do need to print checks now to send to the bank for approval due to a micr change and I would like to print a test check at our location rather than the out of state location. What we have been doing is turning on the printer option, asking our out of state location to load plan paper stock, doing the Write of the checks. The checks then print on plain paper at the out of state location. We asked them to destroy those, then we do a Redeliver to send the output to the printer we choose.

We would like to be able to not have these print at the outside location in the first place when we are testing. I've tried leaving the Printer Option off, but then you can't redeliver since you never delivered the first place.

There would seem to be an easier way but I haven't been able to think of one.

We are on E9.0. Any ideas would be appreciated.

How about setting up a separate version just for this testing, and point that version to your local printer instead of the out-of-state printer?

just curious. did you put micr line on the check? if you did, how did you do it?

Back