Create!email error

markdcci

markdcci

Owner - Rockford Consulting LLC
We are upgradding Create!form server, Create!email and Create!fax, Version 7.0.500 for all, on a new Windows 2008 server.

Using a Director script, we are able to route the form successfully to a printer, email queue or fax queue.

However, the email queue is not sending the email as required. The job can be seen passing through the queue and appears to be successful, but the server log contains a message sating "SendMailError - The specified file or directory does not exist". On Bottomline's site I found a ticket where this has indicated a bad Windows credential. However, I have tried multiple user IDs, which I know are good and this does not make a difference.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks.

Which Server log shows this error?

The email queue log in Cform srvr 7?
- This means there's a problem with merging form with data
- Is the form project directory set correctly for this prtr?
- Is it a mapped drive? (there may be a problem with this)
- Use Director Project is not checked correct?
- Default Merge Config is PDF w/ Job Ticket correct?
- You tried setting the Win Identity in Cform Server 7 correct?
- The email queue win port is CpEmail correct?

Or the log in Create!email Server?
- This means there's a problem communicating w/ your SMTP server
- Do you get a successful connection when clicking the Test button?
- You can set Win Identity here also

If you run a Test ON the server (versus sending job from your ERP app) does it then work?
- This may show a difference of the OWNER of the job when it passes through the Director and email queue.

Is the Create!form Directory Shared? (Try sharing it)

If all of this is ok, then there could be a problem with your Director Project.

Mark

Mark Horton,
Thanks for the reply. Just figured it out this morning. I had the Windows identity filled in on the Create!email server application. They are valid credentials, and are indeed required in Create!email 3.0, but in 7.0 it appears to fail for the SMTP configuration. In addition to emailing a pdf externally, in many cases we send to a network drive for record-keeping and when I removed the Windows identity this failed. Solved it by running the CfService as that same valid Windows user and it seems to be doing both emailing and sending to network directory now.

The trick for getting CformServer "permission" to write files to a network location is to sent the sharing on the network folder share loction to allow the CformServer MACHINE access to the folder.

When your are in the Windows Security tab click Edit > Add > Object Types. Put the check mark in Computers. That will let you add sharing permissions to the folder for the computer where CformServer apps are running. Make sure you give it Write permission - more if your director project is going to read or delete files from the folder.

Back