CForm Server & Windows E1 PDF not processing in DIRECTOR

ssolberg

VIP Member
We are in the process of moving our E1 instance from the iSeries to a Windows box. I started testing my Cform stuff and it's failing in the Director queue. I know that the PDF coming from E1 (off Windows) is ok because I grabbed the PDF and took it into Designer and everything looks fine.

What is happening is that as soon as E1 drops it into the Director queue on the Cform server, it goes to an Error status and clogs the queue until I delete the job. I look in the Director Logs and I don't see any error? Its the same Director queue on the Cform Server as we use for our Production iSeries-based stuff. It seems as though DIRECTOR is not able to find the project to merge with? But then I thought I would get an error in the logs....

Thoughts? Running Cform Server and Director 7.0.4 (CTIS)

Just to be clear:

You grabbed the .spl file from the Cform Win Server & brought it into Director or Designer right?
If so, then the incoming JDE job is good.

If the PDF is good, then either the Win Server / Win Printer / Spooler service is not letting
it process.
If there is no logging in Cform Server 7, the job is not even being passed to it.

The job is now coming from Windows, which means JDE Services on the Win Enterprise Server may use a different Win account that is not being authorized on the Cform Win server.

Pause the Dir Win Printer & compare the owner of the job when it comes from Win vs. AS400
You may need to add that 'Owner' as a Win User with rights (this is a known problem)

Also, check the Create!form Directory to be sure the Owner has rights to it (also a known issue).

Lastly but probably a long shot: I know there are issues w/ Cform 7.0.4 vs 7.0.3

Mark

Hey Mark, good to hear from you. I will certainly check out what you mention below. I think you might be on to something. I'm quite sure the PDF is fine, as I said, it looks fine in Designer.

BT Support did get back to me and told me to try this (which didn't work, still have same issue)

1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
2. Locate the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print
3. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
4. In the New Value #1 box, type DisableServerFilePooling, and then press ENTER.
5. Right-click DisableServerFilePooling, and then click Modify.
6. In the Value data box, type 1 to turn off spool file pooling, and then click OK.
7. Quit Registry Editor.
8. Restart the Print Spooler service.
9. All new jobs will be of the form XXXXX.SPL and XXXXX.SHD and will be numbered
consistently with their JobIDs.

This disables spool file pooling, which can prevent Create!form from finding the file in the queue.

I'll have the CNC folks look at the Win Server stuff and see if something pops up! I'll keep the thread posted.

Mark, you get the gold star! It was owner/authority/permissions issue of the user passing the job to CForm server and we have corrected that and all worked like a charm now!

Thanks again.

Back