BIP - Excel Output

Sejal04

Hello All-

My client is on E9.0/8.98.31. We have a custom UBE using BI Publisher template to create Excel Output. A minor change was made to the UBE and now one of the columns in Excel doesn't print data. I can see it locally through XML data in the sample output template. I deleted the tag for that column and recreated it and reuploaded the template but no changes. I would really appreciate your help/suggestions.
Thanks much in advance.

Sejal
E9.0/8.98.31/AS400

Hey Sejal,
Run the report with the missing field from the server. Get the XML for that run of the report and make sure the tag that the XML has for that field is what your report is looking for. You could also use the new XML file locally to help make sure the tags are correct.

Jas.

Thanks for your response Jas! I pulled the XML file for the server run and it is missing the tag for the field that is missing data. Locally though the xml file looks fine. Does this mean the template is corrupt on the server?

Thanks again.

Sejal

Hey Sejal,
XML is generated from the UBE's output..... If the field your missing is not in the XML, then your UBE is not putting it out there. If your running your UBE locally over the same data with the same data selection and processing options as you are on the server, but with different results, then you need to move your local UBE to the server.

Jas.

Jas,

Thanks for your suggestion - it worked! Apparently, the last server promotion must not have been successful.

Thanks again,
Sejal

Back