Nested Excel groups

sselman

Well Known Member
I have a report with 4 levels of nested groups. The XML is formated from JDE just fine, but I am having a lot of trouble getting the XDO_GROUP_ command to keep the nested groups together in the excel template. A single level works perfectly, but multiple levels cause a lot of problems and mess up/resort/regroup the data.

I have tried the sample layouts from Oracle and read all of the docs I can find. I still can't get it to work properly. Has anyone else had any luck?

Tools 8.98.4.10 so using BI 10.1.3.4.2 binaries.

Oracle reports it as a bug.

Hdr: 16530365 N/A TEMPLATES 10.1.3.4.2

Abstract: GROUPING NOT WORKING IN EXCEL TEMPLATE *** 03/21/13 10:57 am ***

Sr. No.-------3-6932388461

Problem Description-------------------The customer has created an Excel template and has XML data that is groupedas he requires the output to appear.When he run the template and data file the output is not grouped correctly

Diagnostic Analysis by filer----------------------------
I ran the customer files in Template builder 11.1.1.6 and Template Viewer andthe problem reproduced.They were tested by K McDermott on 10.1.3.4.2 Template Builder and the problem reproduced there as well. We ran the template and data file on Template Builder 11.1.1.7 that K is testing. In that case the grouping appeared correct.

Workaround if any-----------------
The customer can use an RTF template.

Back