Need to print a section that has variables in the footer of the report

JDE Techie

I am trying to print a report with the help of BI publisher. I have taken the XML output from the Jde system of PO print report(R43500) and with the help of BI publisher addin in my rtf template, i am importing the xml into my the RTF template.
I have the design the template in such a way that a particular section needs to printed always at the end of the page of the last page for the each order.
Scenario 1) If I am printing an order that has only one line then this section should print at the end of the page before the page footer leaving spaces between the detail and this static section. Also I cannot include this in the page footer as this has variable in it.
Scenario 2) If the details overflows to three pages then this section should print in the same area of the third page. The location of this footer should be static irrespective of the number of records.

Is it possible to have a design like this? Could you please help me in this. I have attached the xml and the RTF template

Attachments

• 181516-BI_Template.doc
    199 KB · Views: 130
Hey there,
There are 2 ways to do this that I can think of
1. Look at Oracle documetation for <?start@last-page-first:body?><?end body?>
2. Use a counter to count the number of records per page, then fill with empty rows. See Tim Dexters blog - I think there is something there. but 1. is probably easier.
J

I have just done something very similar with check printing

What you do is create a template in the main body and simply call it in the footer
smile.gif
(but you need room on the page to create this)

Or the proper way is start body, end body

Back