Action Security - P01012

adeel

VIP Member
Hello there

I have only 1 role which attach to user. The Action security is set to 'N' for Add action. But user can still add the address book information, Very strange.
The Add button should not be visible to the user at all. Field is 'FSA' in the security workbench table (F00950)

Any feedback will be highly appreciated!

Thanks

Adeel,

Is there any security workbench entries at the user level? This would take priority over entries at the role level.

Thanks for reply.

I should have mentioned in my post, yes i have checked the user level. I know the rule for USER, ROLE, PUBLIC.

Even i created fresh user still no luck, i read somewhere that address book security works differently may be there is some catch?

Thanks

Enable All-Out security for the address book, the go back and give specific security permission to the user in the group.
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

Check that there's only one security table and its not one of those funky production security tables and dev security tables kind of setups.

Malcolm

Make sure there's no entry on the form level (W01012A or B for example).

I've secured the Address Book at our site with no problems at all. We've secured all programs and then granted back the address book to a specific role / users.

Are there any security records against the user?

E1 8.11 / 8.98.4.2

Sorry TFZ, you rock

I missed your comments earlier, and found that the form01012B has allow access to the ADD button and that was causing the issue.

Thanks
AD

Try form and version level - if you have ALLOut I can tell you which program to use

Back