Critical Environmental Issue in JDE E811.

BossDBK

Hi All,

It is a great pleasure being a member of JDEList for me.

Currently, I have been facing one critical issue for the last couple of weeks, the issue is:

In the client landscape, there are multiple environments like JPYBRA,JCTARG,JPYCOL and JPYVEN under the same path code PY811.

JPYBRA environment is all working fine; the BSFNs are returning right data for the user action and permission; by right data I mean that the user access data is returned only for the sod sensitive applications which are maintained in F55PB029 table at the JDE side in the business database of
the corresponding env: As an example if the call from JAVA Application is made for JPYBRA env then the user action /perm NER BSFN run and seek the data ie the sod sensitive applications stored in the F55PB029 table in PS_PYBRA DB and only return the sod sensitive applications that user have access to.

Now this all is happening fine for JPYBRA (Brazil) And JCTARG (Argentina) environments.

There are other 2 envs. JPYCOL (Columbia) And JPYVEN (Venezuela) for which the data is either not returned at all OR the entire user access data is returned and sod sensitive application filter is not done. For doing SOD Sensitive filtering we see whether there is some data in F55PB029 table and if there is no data then entire user access data is returned.

So there are certain users PB01, PB02 which have access to all the above 4 envs. When the call from JAVA Application is made for each of the envs for these 2 userids there behavior is as follows:

Users JPYBRA JCTARG JPYCOL JPYVEN

PB01 RightData RightData No DATA No DATA
PB02 RightData RightData All Data* All Data*

* All Data- Entire user access data - unfiltered with SoD Sensitive apps. As per Chevron, all envs are on PY811 path code.

NOW, getting this behavior we had asked Client to execute the user action permission NER BSFN from the JDE's web client(Fat client) in their landscape. They created one user id TESTID30 with limited access and ran for PYCOL and PYBRA envs. Now when we queried the work file that stores the User action and perm data for the TESTID30 user id in both PYCOL and PYBRA envs; surprisingly, both the envs including PYCOL showed RIGHT DATA (So sensitive filtered). Also the logs they shared for this execution from web client showed correct count for both envs.

Now when we run for the same user id(TESTID30) from JAVA Application AGAIN same problem appears JPYBRA shows right data BUT for JPYCOL shows NO DATA.

Kindly respond to this post ASAP.

My sincere apologies, if there is any grammatical mistakes in my conversation, bcz I am not good at English.

Thx
BossDBK.

Hi and welcome. Lots of custom stuff here. It seems like you can reproduce the error at will and that's half the battle. Next step is to generate CO debug logs an capture NER BSFN execution in both cases. Compare the SQL statements and hopefully you'll see the difference. Good luck!

Hi

Thx for the reply, The issue has been resolved. Issue is in the generation of SQL stmt by the compiler for the specific costume table.

Regards
Bhaskar.

Back