Report interconnect does not working on server

jdefan78

Dear All,

I have encountered a very uncommon issue when trying to submit my UBE on server using standard Report interconnect functionality from NER, I am calling this NER from interactive application.

I have created one NER, in this NER I am calling my custom UBE through standard Report Interconnect facility, so the NER would submit the custom report on server. I don't want to show "Printer Selection" window when user calls custom UBE from Interactive application. Due to this reason I am calling NER from Interactive application.

This thing works very perfectly when I run interactive application on local Fat / Web client. We have also deployed custom UBE / application on DV Server. On DV Server when I run this Interactive application and call custom UBE, it is not working. It,s not coming in submitted job and nothing happens

Is there any specific reason for this funny behaviour ? Please help me out, I am totally in soup and running out of deadline for delivery.

Thanks,

Hi,

have you checked that both your UBE and BSFN are defined in Object Configuration Manager (P986110) to be executed on Server?

Hello jdefan78,

Could you upload the APPL's ER where you call the NER?

Regards,

Luis.

Hello

Take a look into P4210 (as i remember), you'll see something like that or look for P49s.
Before to launch your UBE, you have to get the 'Path' to the correct F98611 (local or server) as some data are writing inside.

One thing I have notice with report inter connect is that its very finicky... Try to deploy both base object ( Calling application ) and the custom UBE to the server using package build and deploy process. It should work

jdefan78,

[ QUOTE ]
We have also deployed custom UBE / application on DV Server.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the NER Business Function? Has it been deployed?

Can you get a log, preferably a debug log, of the call to the NER and the launch of the UBE from the DV server?

Thank you all,

Actually after some internal findings and looking in to some other blog I found that I did not check "Run Process Asynchronously" check box in Report Interconnect. Due to this application was calling report on local but not on server.

I have check this checkbox and now its calling my custom report on server too.

Thanks for all of your time and help.

Back