Affect of multiple languages on package build time

Tom_Davidson

Tom_Davidson

VIP Member
We are thinking of loading several new languages on our E1 812 instance, but the question is both for 8.12 and 9.0.

In the 'old days' (7332/7333) loading multiple languages had a large impact on package build time. Is this still true? I know JDE has done quite a bit of work on improving this procees. We currently have English,German, & French. I am thinking of adding at least Spanish, and possibly several others.

Any input will be much appreciated.

Merry Christmas everyone

We have 4 languages installed (including Chinese) and I have seen zero impact on package build times.

For one of our customers we have 14 base languages installed (Arabic, Czech, Chinese Simplified, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, Swedish and Base language (English)) as well as 58 Vocabulary Override Language definitions we have created.

We are on E9 now but had the same language footprint on E811 SP1 (when we were on that release).

Our full build takes 6 hrs 13 mins for the client build and 2 hrs 36 mins for the 2 servers (logic and batch) to build (All windows 64 bit servers) - so 8 hrs 49 mins in total.

I think the timings are about the same for both releases but cannit be certain.

Timing should not cause an issue, we only do full builds over a weekend as we are a 24*7 operation or overnight if urgent (which we have done very rarely).

The longest part of the operation used to be the web generation not the build, but now we are on E9 and let the system take care of that then this is no longer an issue.

We have 3 languages; didn't see any shift in build time.

Regards.

Hi Tom

Sorry not too sure about 8.12 and later in this scenario, although I seem to remember that full builds for multiple languages take longer than full builds for single languages in E811 SP1.

Thanks
Aidy

Back