Cannot get CRTCMOD to Compile Business Function on AS400

tiradoj

tiradoj

Well Known Member
Hello Fellow CNC-ers

I have a client on JDE 810 with iSeries V5R4 and I cannot get the server programs (SVRPGMS) to compile. It appears that JDE cannot find the CRTCMOD program in QDEVTOOLS library where it sits. I have ensured QDEVTOOLS was in the library list but still no joy. Here is the log file message.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Joe Tirado
CNC

Display Spooled File
File . . . . . : QPJOBLOG Page/Line 1/37
Control . . . . . W35 Columns 35 - 112
Find . . . . . .
+....4....+....5....+....6....+....7....+....8....+....9....+....0....+....1..
To module . . . . . . . . . : JDE400U
To procedure . . . . . . . : ExecuteCmd
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 13
Message . . . . : Command CRTCMOD in library *LIBL not found.
Cause . . . . . : If a library was not specified, the command was not fou
in the libraries in the library list. If a library was specified, the
command was not found there. One of the following special values may have
been used to specify the library: *LIBL - The command was not found in th
libraries in the library list *NLVLIBL - The command was not found in the
national language version libraries in the system library list. *SYSTEM -
The command was not found in library QSYS. Recovery . . . : Change the
command name or correct the library name, and then try the command again.
30 12/10/12 00:08:28.522656 QCARULE QSYS 07A7 JDELIB
To module . . . . . . . . . : JDE400U
To procedure . . . . . . . : ExecuteCmd
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 13

Re: Cannot get CRTCMOD to Compile Business Function on AS400-SOLVED!!

Called IBM and they helped me solve problem!

Ok --for those interested----finally figured out what the problem was building server side packages for JDE on the as400 and it was a good thing I followed up on this

The CRTCMOD program that is used to create the DLL (SVRPGM on AS400) is a command that is supposed to be not only in the QDEVTOOLS library but the QSYS library as well

When you install license programs on the AS400 (as the IBM lady tech explained) certain commands get copied to the QSYS library which is a REQUIRED library for all user ids and jobs (I think)

QSYS is a system library list that cannot be removed from the full library list on an AS400

We had to do a full restore in May and so it is possible other COMMANDS might not have been copied to QSYS as is normally done when you install programs so one needs to be aware of that if any other issues crop up.

The interesting thing is, I was able to call the CRTCMOD program or compile business functions by running from the command line and I thought by adding QDEVTOOLS to the ONEWORLD user id library list the CRTCMOD command would be found but apparently, programmatically in JDE , JDE doesn't use the ONEWORLD user id library list since you can see in the log that QDEVTOOLS is not in the list

Another programs BUILDMASTER calls the CAEC svrpgm build and I guess doesn't use either ONEWORLD user id but looks for the CRTCMOD command in QSYS library.

Cheers!

Back