What's the default password of account jde910 VM Templates 9.1.2

sv800

What\'s the default password of account jde910 VM Templates 9.1.2

Hi,
I'm installing VM Templates 9.1.2 in Oracle Linux 5 and VM 3.1.1.
Now I need to logon to Enterprise box with jde910, but I cannot find what is the password.

So far tried: ovsjde910E1. jde910, ovsjde900E1.....
---------------
oracle:x:502:502::/home/oracle:/bin/bash
jde910:x:504:505::/home/jde910:/bin/ksh

Thank You

Re: What\'s the default password of account jde910 VM Templates 9.1.2

Hello,

While I'm not sure of the password as I'm guessing the one that the document (ovsjde900E1) is incorrect, can you change it as the root user?

passwd jde910

I do have a question for you. I'm currently going through the same exercise of using the VM Templates. Unfortunately, I seem to be getting an error when zcatting my E1 Tools disks together. It appears that if you are asking for the password, you got this to work.

Basically, I've downloaded the 2 zip files and unzipped them. Following the instructions given:

zcat e1_ent_912.tgzDiskpart* > E1_ENT_DSK_912.tgz

and it processes for awhile and finally ocmes back with:
zcat: e1_ent_912.tgzDiskPart00: unexpected end of file

I've tried redownloading the package in case something got messed up in the transfer but no luck. You obviously got this to work, did you do anything different/special? Can you tell me what flavor/version was of the OS that you did this zcat command on? If you do a 'zcat --version' what does it return?

Thanks, I'm sorry to not have a definite answer to your question but appreciate the help.

Brent

Just an FYI. I figured out my issue with zcat. Turns out that you do not have to use zcat, you need to use just plain cat.

I will probably be in the same spot as you with the password before too long, I'll post my results if I get through it.

Looks like you may be running into a max file size limit - something you can check with the ulimit command. It's also possible you're running out os space in the file system where you're creating the file, but I'd first check to see if the resulting file is terminating at 2GB in size. That would virtually confirm it is the ulimit file setting for your user.

Back