problem with the sever while running the business function

Neilwar

Neilwar

Well Known Member
when trying to delete a Whos who entry we get:

"There was a problem with the sever while running the business function ProcessContactTabList.\nThe server may still be available, but because of state information, the entire unit of work must be resubmitted.\nPlease exit the application and restart it.\nDelete Grid Rec Verify-Before Line number 0\nP90CA077_S90CA077ASpecify the label that the application data is to be saved under.A currently existing label can be specified by entering the name of the label in the edit field below or by finding the label through the visual assistIf the label name entered into the edit field does not correspond to any currently existing label, a new label by the specified name will be created."

The entry then appears to be deleted OK but this is slowing down our data cleanse. Any ideas?

Thanks

In my experience this happens when the BSFN takes more than the timeout value to process a transaction. The reason can vary from a bug, to record locking (deadlock?). You'll have to look at your kernel logs for some more info.

Hope this helps, if you have logs it would help.
Often times when I see this I will also see a 'virtual rollback' as the system cleans up after itself.

Tom

You need to look at the kernel log that the user was connected to. If you can reproduce this at will then it should be pretty easy to figure out by looking at the log. Also look at the jde.log on the client side. Sometimes that will point in the right direction as well but the call object kernel log will be your biggest clue.

Please verify you jde.log and check your dbconexion and your db performance (DB platform in general).

Four month ago I had same problems, and the problems it's in DB Server. We replaced the Server (hw) and then, the problem dissapear.

Back