Co-existence possibility XE -9.1.2?

ssambandam

Hi ,

We are now planning to upgrade from XE to 9.1.2. We like to know whether we can migrate company by company from XE to the desired version. We are a group of 13 companies; each company is a separate entity in JDE by itself. Since we feel the training of staff may take some time and also our in house team strength is less we are thinking of this idea as such.

On the hardware front, we are buying a new set for 9.1.2 and planned to retain the existing set of hardware in which we can run XE as long as we require.

If we plan to allocate a wider range for the next number series (like UKID, Short item number, Batch number) while upgrading and give a starting number in 9.1.2 for the above after this range and then go live company by company, do you people feel any issues by following this process?

Is there anything else which would cause issue by the above plan?

Can anyone of you people let us know your views and solution for the above.

Thank you,
ST.S.Sethu

Sounds like you need some professional consuting help in your planning.

You should plan on attending a '100 Day Upgrade' session. I've given this in Boston, Toronto and Montreal and have upcoming sessions in Vancouver, New Jersey and Calgary. Go to www.upgradejde.com to get more info.

I think you might want to avoid any custom "co-existence". It is possible but you have to do it yourself and you would need to have a really good reason fro doing this.

Training 1000's of users is very possible using tools such as UPK so this rules the "training" issue out as a reason to try and do a staged upgrade.

Colin

SS,

You might reach out to Tony Brackett at the iConsortium. They have a tool that allows you to migrate company by company. I've been at clients were they were running the tool - and it worked very well.

I'll ping Tony to track you down =D

Note: You Do Not Want to be Coexistent with XE and anything 8.10 or above - too many tables are different!

(db)

Back