JD Edwards tools

Amien

Well Known Member
Hi,

I want to transfer all my data from development data base (JDE_DV900 and JDE_DEVELOPMENT) to production data base (JDE_PD900 and JDE_PRODUCTION) with JDE E1 tools.

JDE E1 9.0/8.98 tools, Windows server 2008 and SQL Server 2008 R2.

best regards.

Thats not too difficult using a Table Conversion.

Personally, I output the entire list of tables to a text file, then modify that text file to a JDEdwards CopyTable Script format, then import that script in as a fresh Table Conversion.

Alternatively, you can use R98403 - which is a pre-created TableConversion (with a little more intelligence) to copy from one datasource to another.

Now, if you have a large amount of data - the first thing to look at is to split your copies into smaller chunks, and run them in parallel. I personally use workstations (or at least Fat Clients on Terminal Servers) to run multiple TC's in parallel. Its also possible to create multiple TC's across a single table, like the F0911, and run those in parallel too.

Using E1 and these techniques, I've been able to copy data as fast as any Database Tool - providing you have lots of horsepower on the network and on your client machines !

For a whitepaper on the original CopyTable scripting format, visit my website.

Jon, from what I understand from Amien question, he need do move configuration data. So configuration assistant is the best tool.

Hi Amien,
I'm agree with altquark, you can use R98403, please find E1: ENV: Use R98403 to Copy Data from Pathcode to Pathcode [ID 626170.1] for mor information.

Thanks.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Thats not too difficult using a Table Conversion.

Personally, I output the entire list of tables to a text file, then modify that text file to a JDEdwards CopyTable Script format, then import that script in as a fresh Table Conversion.

Alternatively, you can use R98403 - which is a pre-created TableConversion (with a little more intelligence) to copy from one datasource to another.

Now, if you have a large amount of data - the first thing to look at is to split your copies into smaller chunks, and run them in parallel. I personally use workstations (or at least Fat Clients on Terminal Servers) to run multiple TC's in parallel. Its also possible to create multiple TC's across a single table, like the F0911, and run those in parallel too.

Using E1 and these techniques, I've been able to copy data as fast as any Database Tool - providing you have lots of horsepower on the network and on your client machines !

For a whitepaper on the original CopyTable scripting format, visit my website.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you altquark, I use the R98403 and I can tranport dara but I can't move the "processing option" for program ou application.

You can use R9830512 to copy APPL and/or UBE Processing Options from one environment to another.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Hi Amien,
I'm agree with altquark, you can use R98403, please find E1: ENV: Use R98403 to Copy Data from Pathcode to Pathcode [ID 626170.1] for mor information.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you XaviGray,

In the document, they talk about three reports (Central Objects and Version, Business Data and Control Tables), Is there a specific order to run them?

Best regards.

Yes, you first create the objects (tables included), THEN you populate these tables (DTA or CTL).
Or else
grin.gif

Back