Ube debuglog file automatically deleted after the ube ended

antoine_mpo

Reputable Poster
Hi list,

I have an issue with an custom ube that doesn't work as we expect (but finish correctly in 'D' status). The issue occurs only when submitted on the enterprise server, it works fine when submitted locally on a fat client.
So i need to get debuglog file on the server to analyse what's wrong.
The ube is launched from a jde program, with report interconnect, so i can't launch it modifying the log level (in advanced properties). So i have to turn on debug mode on the server (it's not a production environment, so it's ok).
When i do this, for other reports, i do get a debuglog file in the printqueue directory when the ube is done.
But for the ube i need to analyse :
during the processing time, i see a debuglog file created and growing in the enteprise server debuglog file directory, for the process number attached to the runbatch process, but this file disapear as soon as the runbatch end. And in the printqueue directory there's only the pdf file, not log file.
Any idea of why i can't get a debuglog file for a specific ube ?

Thanks for your help.

antoine,

You should be able to submit the "master" ube with debug logging on and the debug log for the "slave" ube will be included in the "master" debug file. Usually the "slave" is run synchronously, so it's not hard to find and follow the log for the "slave". This is what I have done.

The only problem may be the size of the log.

The only other way is to submit the "slave" from BV with debugging on with out submitting the "master" but you will need to set things up so that it will run OK. The main problem with this is the interconnect values. You may have to modify the "slave" to default incoming interconnect values and save outgoing interconnect values. If you need to check the passing of interconnect values, you may need to create a "dummy master" to run the "slave" for specific interconnect values and submit the "dummy master" with debugging on. The log file size should be smaller in this case.

Hi Peter,

Yes indeed if it was a master ube calling a slave ube i could probably launch the master from bv activating the debuglog. Unfortunately, the ube i need to analyse is called from a bsfn in a form. That's why i couldn't change the debug level at launch time.
If i can't find the solution, i'll try to create a custom ube that call the bsfn that launch the ube i'm interested in.

Antoine,

We may have something to help you with this. I very recently added the ability to enable UBE debugging in our JDE Object Browser software. From the UBE Launcher, check the debug box and choose your level. You can also supply report interconnect data to help with testing.

Hope this helps,
Craig

Craig,

Thanks for this information.
I took a look at your website. Your tools sounds really cool, i'll try them tomorrow when i'm back to office.

Cheers,

Antoine,

We may have something to help you with this. I very recently added the ability to enable UBE debugging in our JDE Object Browser software. From the UBE Launcher, check the debug box and choose your level. You can also supply report interconnect data to help with testing.

Hope this helps,
Craig

Hi Craig,
I cannot see debug logs when I run business functions though Object browser. Not sure if it deletes it or never creates it.
any thoughts on this.

Regards,
JDECODER

Hi,

This is different than the thread question about UBE log files ... make sure the JDE.INI has tracing turned on (DEBUG stanza, OUTPUT=FILE). You can also use JDETrace to view the processes and turn on debugging interactively. Specifically, ObectBrowser.exe should show up in the process pane with the tracing flag set to On. (See pic)

Craig

Attachments

• Processes.JPG
    Processes.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 12
Hi

You can set the debug information in the C-BSFN from where the UBE is launched in PUBEVAR data structure element.

You can go through the BSFN B91300C(LaunchBatchApplication) to check which parameter of Data Structure to be set and if required it can be part of BSFN data structure if you want to keep it dynamic for future use.

The part of code to which you might be interested:
/* Set to aysynch */
zUBEVar.bSynchFlag = ((lpDS->cSynch == _J('1')) ? TRUE : FALSE);
/* Turn-off user prompting */
zUBEVar.bBatchFlag = TRUE;
/* Flag to log the batch application */
zUBEVar.bJDELog = ((lpDS->cJDELogging == _J('1')) ? TRUE : FALSE);
/* Flag to trace the batch with jdedebug.log */
zUBEVar.bJDEDebugLog = ((lpDS->cTracing == _J('1')) ? TRUE : FALSE);
/* Set the debug level */
jdeSprintf(szTemp, _J("%lc"), lpDS->cUBELoggingLevel);
zUBEVar.nDebugLevel = (ushort) jdeAtoi(szTemp);