OMW Token Release Activity Rules

JMast

Reputable Poster
All,

We are prepping to go live on 9.1. Last week, we setup our PD environment by using Environment copy to move Central Objects from PY to PD. In the planning, we missed thinking about all the OMW projects we had at 26. Now, I would prefer to move those projects to a custom status to reduce the clutter at 26. I setup the activity rule to make the move, but I didn't think about Token Release until today.

An advantage of a custom status is that we can quickly tell projects that were part of the move to PD. We would like to be able to recover them if needed.

In searching the list, there is discussion of status 91, but what activity rules are required? Status 91 is not setup in 9.1.

my options seem to be:

1. Setup transfer rules to go from PY to PY which allows me to specify force release of token. Does this cause any issues?
2. SQL the token status on the projects. This seems to be straightforward. Has anyone done this?
3. Migrate all the projects to 38. Not a lot of warm fuzzues for this since we have the PD environment created, packages built and testing. Also, loses documentation that these projects were at that point.

Any thoughts are much appreciated,

Jer

Jer,

At this point I would go with the SQL option. To test just drop the token on a few objects in a single project - something none critical and validate that the objects work as expected if you were to add them to a new project and promote.

The Tables is F98222 and the field is POOMWPOS1 if yo set this to (0 0 zero) that should release the token.

Jer,

We are in the process of upgrading to 9.1 at the moment. It looks like you are a few weeks ahead of us.

I can't think of any reason why using another status that doesn't transfer objects would be an issue. Using another status would "formalise" (Yes I'm Australian) the procedure and be recorded in the logs, if logging is set up.

Status 25 rework issue, I believe, is a standard status and allows projects from statuses 38 and 26 to be moved to 25 but only allows 25 to be moved to 21 (or may be 91 as well) - all these status changes do not cause any object copying/transfering between path codes. I was thinking that you could set up a status based on 25 but that drops the tokens. If the project and it's objects need to be used again, then a move to 21 will start it off again.

Thanks for the post and the confirmation it should work. I hear you on doing a small test first and I will do that today or tomorrow and post back.

Jer

Thanks for the reply. You are on the same track I am, until I ran into the issue of releasing the tokens. I don't know how to set up activity rules to move status and force release token without specifying transfer from/to environments. That is why one of my proposed options is to transfer from PY to PY. I would prefer not to do that just for time and "touching the specs" reasons (although there is less concern about PY to PY then PY to PD).

If you know of a way to set up the activity rules where all it does is move status and force release, that would be great.

Jer

If you setup transfer activity rules where the source and target are the same and put a 1 for release token , then during the status change all it will do is release the token. It will not perform any actual object spec movement. You can confirm by checking the OMW logging on the object / project.

Ok, now that is just embarrassing. I really should have just tried a test. Going from PY to PY is what I am going to do. It is always good to keep everything in the JDE box if possible. I just have too much going on...

Thanks all for the help.

Jer

Back