Oracle Active directory

adeel

VIP Member
Hello there
My understanding was that oracle will have a fix for limited 10 character length in jd edwards and still they have not corrected that. We are considering to use oracle active directory. Just wondering how other people thoughts on it for single sign on.
Or there are other solutions out there?

Thanks
AD

There is a workaround that I used to this problem.

We had 10+ character AD account names. However, 99% were unique at the 10th character. Our AD administrator populated an AD attribute called extenstionAttribute1 with the first 10 characters of the account. We pointed F00928* tables in E1 to the extensionAttribute1 instead of the standard account. Everything is totally automated for the extensionAttribute assignment. It works perfectly.

Another problem you might have is the 10+ password. That is probably easier to fix.

You said 99% does not it means variability is the enemy?

Also password is challenging, if we have min 8 character length of password and limit users upto 10 then users do not have much room.

Thanks
AD

Adeel,

Sorry, the line was very bad today, I could barely hear you. If you could call me Monday on the office phone, or send me a message via e-mail, I will appreciate it!

Re: RE: Oracle Active directory

Hello there

Just wondering is anyone using IBM TIVOLI DIRECTORY SERVER 6.0 as LDAP solution
how is the experience with that?

Thanks
AD

Back