JDE and iPad - i OS 6

cdawes

VIP Member
So we have a client who's live and using iPad's extensively.

Along comes Apple and suggests to everyone via a pop up that "you should upgrade".

Sales people being sales people they all upgraded (yep no IT control on APlle devices) Now our client has a bunch of iPad's that no longer work with EnterpriseOne.

I don't have an iPad and am generally anti-apple. Holding onto by BB like grim death.

Anyways since this is Apple where is the easy "go back" button or is there a backwards compatability setting for the browser?

Well Colin, I'm sure you know the answer already and are just trolling the apple fan boys. In case you weren't though, there is no supported method to downgrade (uninstall, whatever) iOS.

Your story is a good one though that I certainly plan on sharing with the fan boyz here at my work.

Hey Colin, what Tools Release is your client on?

We just did some testing of an iPad on iOS 6 and JDE seemed to be working fine (we're 9.0 / TR 9.1).

Was there something in particular that isn't working?

It's Apps 9.0.2 with tools 9.1.0.4.

What happens is none of the visual assists work.......NICE.

Apps loads, can log in just to visual assist (flashlight/inline modal form).

Worked like a charm before the upgrade to i OS 6.

Colin

Hi Colin,

Were you able to resolve anything with this? We just purchased some iPads (of course with ios 6) and have started testing. We are seeing the same thing with the visual assist.

Dave
E1 9.0, Tools 9.1.0.4

This did get resolved via POC's for 9.1.0.4.

This was resolved pretty quickly by JDE and I don't recall the SAR numbers.

There were a few SAR's for iPad all rolled up that went into base code.

Back