Questions about RTE tables F9871___

Jaise James

Reputable Poster
All,
We are implementing RTE. There are bunch of table F9871_ that are part of system database. In order to segregate them by environment, Oracle is recommending us to store them in the business data for non production environment. However this have a potential for getting it over written/wiped out during environemnt refresh. How are you handling this.

You could do one of two things.

1. In your refresh script copy the files to another location and then copy them back in after the refresh is over.

2. Create a speparate data source to place these files in.

I'd consider placing them in Control Tables - that way its less likely to be refreshed and is under more "control" ! Not that control tables isn't refreshed, but it is a lot smaller subset and is easier to "pick and choose" from....

Hi Jon

Thanks.. Usually we refresh using database scripts so entire database get refreshed.

I am looking at creating it under system data source but may be with different schema owners. Other option I am think is to create them in Central object, we never refresh them.

Maybe in "versions" ? That hardly ever gets used and differentiates between pathcodes.

Doesn't the RTE tables have a key by environment ? Why do you need to do this if this is the case ?

Since we are in SQL, we store versions and central object on same table.

I checked with Oracle how does E1 differentiate between environment if all the messages are stored in one location. They gave me this document that says to create these tables in Separate location and their recommendation was Business data.

Back