Has E910 been tested at all?

catkins

We are due to go live on E910 following an upgrade from E812 in about six weeks, but we are unlikely to meet our go live date because of the number of anomalies that we are encountering.

We are now up to about 10 problems with basic functionality now. Our issues include:

Can not deploy to BSSV Server. POC was supplied to fix the problem

Can not manage 8.98 instanced from 9.1 Server Manager. POC was supplied to fix the problem.

OneView Reports don't work with IE9. MTRs have been amended.

Embedded BIP falls over when templates contain nested conditions. Fixed in Embedded BIP 11.1.1.6, no idea of release date though, no alternative other than to amend report templates.

Embedded BIP can't email out. j2ee.jar missing from tools install.

Workflow modeller missing from tools release.

Server manager can't manage BI Publisher Enterprise instances. POC supplied to fix the problem.

These are just selected highlights. Is anybody else experiencing problems like this or am I just lucky?

Yes, we got plenty of problems.

-Voucher Match cache cursor fail after 100 entry.
-Embedded BI is a mess, burst seem to get problematic and templates are no always displayed properly.
-Can't use the new Hover Forms in WEB, only on web FAT.

etc

we've encountered some of the same issues ourselves. What tools release are you running ? We've been running 9.1.0.3 - we encountered the BSSV Deployment issue and was promised that it was fixed in 9.1.0.2 (but we're on 9.1.0.3 and still see the issue!). Not sure about the 8.98 instance managed from 9.1 server manager - in fact, that makes me wonder whether thats a good idea even - you should really be running all your instances above 9.1 tools release in my opinion - especially given the fact you're going to EnterpriseOne 9.1.

We're not deploying OneView or Workflow at all, so we don't encounter the same exact issues - but OneView is new, so I'd expect some teething issues, instead we chose to implement SOA Workflow because of the number of external interfaces we have to provide workflow for.

Right now, I'm still installing lots and lots of ESU's - and we're in the midst of looking at implementing Tools Release 9.1.2.0 - though that IS a "dot zero" tools release, and I would be expecting to upgrade that to at least a dot three prior to go-live.

Certainly Oracle should be falling all over themselves trying to help you. If you're about to go live - then you should be getting platinum help from those guys. I can't imagine they want to see a company flailing around trying to go live with the latest release...

Only 10?
wink.gif

I have been doing this for 3 -4 month and I have been finding so many issue its not even funny. This really reminds of my experience with release 8.9 ( most buggiest software)

I am having the same issue you mentioned for BSSV deployment. Its been over one month and they have not even admitted yet that its an issue. Do you mind letting me know SR number under which you got the POC. May be that will jog their memory a bit

They have been giving me POC after POC to fix issues (Of course after spending a month to figure out the issue). Its quite frustrating. One of th ebiggest issue I have been encountering is that we are doing most of upgrade in IBM Websphere and most of their solution ( atleast working ) solutions are in Weblogic.

By the Jon, We are on 9.1.0.4 and the BSSV deployment issue is still there. Looks like the Package deployment UBE just sits there and never deploys it. Have you guys found a way around it.

We are working on Weblogic because at the beginning I thought it mightsimplify matters if we stuck to Oracle products.

The issue turned out to be that despite what the MTRs stated, the Sun JVM in the agent and Weblogic weren't compatible. A switch to JRockit for the agent and Weblogic and a new server manager agent.jar and that did fix it. I believe that the MTRs have been amended.

I think we are under 9.1.0.3 too, it's a freaking mess.

We are live for 1 month and half and we still find bugs.

Restatement arent working, BI is making free games, etc.

Quite frustrating.

[ QUOTE ]
A switch to JRockit for the agent and Weblogic and a new server manager agent.jar and that did fix it. I believe that the MTRs have been amended.

[/ QUOTE ]

jRockit is really the only way to go for the weblogic. I've not had issues with jRockit at all - but there are plenty of issues running the sun JDK.

I won't dispute that, however the agent is shipped with Sun, and that needs to be changed to get deployments to work and if Jrockit is the way to go, why have Sun in the MTR?

Back