Item Cardex Running Balance

alanmacc

Hi Guys,

I am looking a running balance cardex in JDE if there exists such a thing, the current cardex contains (but not limited to)

Document Number
Doc Type
Transaction date
Branch Plant
Quantity
Cost
Extended cost
....... Ect.

However the balance only shows in the header level as quantity on hand, meaning if you are required to trace back this can be lengthy and tedious to troll through several hundred / thousand lines until the reach the first entry which can them allow you to track the balance.

We have a macro script on excel to carry out this function but that in itself can be problematic.

Is this type of historical tracking available in JDE, In my mind it would look something like

item
doc type
transaction date
quantity
balance
cost
extended cost
.... et all

Im sure this must have been asked at some point to oracle ??

Thanks in advance
Alan

Attachments

• 179468-Capture.JPG
    179468-Capture.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 59
Alan,

the problem with what you're trying to do is that it's not 100% achievable given JDE inventory architecture.

Yes, theoretically given today's on-hand balance and the cardex you can travel backwards in time to show inventory balances "back when".

The problem is that its an imperfect world, with imperfect code and imperfect people. "Stuff" happens. Transactions are interrupted and only partially roll-back or don't roll-back at all. SQL adjustments are made directly to On-Hand balances, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

Back in the days of yore (B733.0 ) I did write a UBE to identify discrepancies in the Cardex and OH because the software was so buggy then that Inventory was suspect. It worked for the purpose, however trying to reconcile every single difference now-a-days would be way too time-consuming for little payback. Same applies to Inventory "As-Of" processing - which you should investigate if you haven't already done so.

Regards,

Back