Cf v7.0.400

Soumen

Soumen

Reputable Poster
Has anyone tried the new CTIS v7.0.400. It seems to have an addional feature called Resource Directory. I also found an additional button under the PlugIn>Settings called "Set Resource Directory". Any idea where it should point to ideally?

Have they just renamed what used to be "Install Directory" and are now calling it "Resource Directory"?

I did an install of CTIS 7.0.4 last week and found that BT made a new folder/path "C:\Bottomline Technologies, Inc.\Create!form". Both the CformDesigner and CformServer apps wanted to use that folder structure instead of C:\Program Files\Create!form (where the Cform7 applications installed to).

Does the plug-in now have 3 settings or still just 2?

The plug-in has now 3 settings. Also if you check the registry under WorkDir there is a new key for "JDENetworkDataPath" apart from "JDENetworkPath". The BT release notes says the "JDENetworkDataPath" should point to the "Resource Directory". I pointed it to my \\server\Createform folder.

Also check below the release notes on Resource Directory.

===Notes from BT===

Create!form resource directory indicates the location of the Create!form
common projects, fonts, postscript barcodes, sample projects, spelling
dictionaries, and postscript tray files are stored. This location also contains the
Create!form temporary directory where logs, temporary postscript, and
temporary PDF files are stored.
Files that can be modified by Create!form are now stored in the resource
directory.

Let me also mention some of the new features for the new v7.0.400 for the greater audiance.

* New Resource Directory
* URL Hyperlinks in PDFs
* Ability to specify Embedded Fonts in PDFs
* Added Barcode Support
* Added support for Adobe X (10.0) Reader and Tools release 9.1

We converted from 3.x to 7.0.4 (CTIS) over the past few months and it has gone pretty good so far. I have run into a few things in 7.0.4 that were apparently known issues (I can't be specific, they were odd), but I just installed 7.0.5 and those problems did in fact go away.

Back